Gawk for SCO
Author Message
 Gawk for SCO

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with dos/gawk
a client is asking for one of our awk-based systems to run under SCO

It has been written in Tawk and used their compiler to
get DOS and Solaris executables.

No Tawk compiler exists for SCO and the latest version of
gawk (with sortable arrays) comes very close to what TAWK does

So,
Anyone ported latest gawk to SCO?

Thanks
Mark
---
Mark Katz
Mark-IT, London. Delivering MR-IT/Internet solutions
Tel: (44) 20-8731 7516, Fax: (44) 20-8458 9554; http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:16:05 GMT
 Gawk for SCO

Quote:

>Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with dos/gawk
>a client is asking for one of our awk-based systems to run under SCO

>It has been written in Tawk and used their compiler to
>get DOS and Solaris executables.

>No Tawk compiler exists for SCO and the latest version of
>gawk (with sortable arrays) comes very close to what TAWK does

>So,
>Anyone ported latest gawk to SCO?

Does SCO provide dosemu? If so, compiled DOS TAWK executables should be able
to run under dosemu. Or must this run natively under SCO? Could your client
try making gawk 3.1 from the source code? Reason I ask is because unless
you're _sure_ your client has all required shared libraries (if any -
dunno), you'd need to give them a static gawk binary for SCO, and I believe
that'd require a custom build.

Anyway, this provides a concrete reason why relying on extensions to POSIX
awk isn't always a good thing if you have to support multiple OS's.

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:53:44 GMT
 Gawk for SCO

+Anyone ported latest gawk to SCO?

Just build & run.  A 3.1.0 binary is available here:

ftp://ftp.armory.com./pub/scobins/gawk

        John
--

I wish to God these calculations had been executed by steam. - Charles Babbage

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:49:45 GMT

1. Gawk for win32 slower than Gawk for Dos_32?

2. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

3. gawk 3.0.95, beta for gawk 3.1.0, now available

4. It worked on SCO but not RedHat awk

5. TAWK interpreter/compiler for SCO

6. AWK differences between SCO and other UNIX?

7. Clipper like software for SCO Unix

8. Forth: SCO on a PC

9. Can I read from server SCO-UNIX ?

10. forth for sco xenix 386

11. SCO Oberon?

12. Regina Rexx on SCO ( opensco ) anyone?