variables in awk AND esd?
Author Message
 variables in awk AND esd?

I want to edit a script that writes the outout of the last-command into
a file, adding the hostname to each line.
No problem, so far, but that script is supposed to run on every
workstation we have. All hosts write their data into the same logfile.
So all old entries containing the hostname shall be deleted before the
new data is written to that file.
I used awk to create a new file with the new output of "last", adding
the hostname to each line.
I tried to use sed to delete all files containing the current hostname
in the log.txt file. But I can't use the variable "nameofhost" I
declared  in awk in the sed-part.

Can anybody please help me with that ?

-olli-

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. awk variables --> shell variables

2. How do I display the contents of a shell variable from an awk script via a awk variable

3. No .esd file for %PATH%\V_Eiffel\lib\misc\VE\API

4. ESD layer and IO pads.

5. Berkeley CVD & ESD courses in Sept/Oct

6. ESD and CVD Courses From Berkeley this fall

7. CVD/ESD courses in Sept. from UC Berkeley

8. Berkeley Announces CVD and ESD Short Courses this Fall

9. ESD and Gate Oxide Damage Short Courses from UC Berkeley in San Francisco, California this Fall

10. variabe in variable like in ksh in awk?

11. AWK-Script to set a shell variable (Win32) ?