File handling using awk
Author Message
 File handling using awk

Hi,
  I am a beginner and i want to know whether there is any command to
delete a file, store the deleted files in one folder and after a week
to delete the entire folder.

   Thanks,
Bye
caroline.c

Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:36:32 GMT
 File handling using awk

Quote:

> Hi,
>   I am a beginner and i want to know whether there is any command to
> delete a file, store the deleted files in one folder and after a week
> to delete the entire folder.

>    Thanks,
> Bye
> caroline.c

Hello,

doesn't really sound like an awk question...

However with UNIX you would use 'rm' to delete and perhaps 'at' or
'cron'
to handle your scheduling, all commands do have a man page.

Michael Heiming

Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:48:11 GMT
 File handling using awk

Quote:

> > Hi,
> >   I am a beginner and i want to know whether there is any command to
> > delete a file, store the deleted files in one folder and after a week
> > to delete the entire folder.

> >    Thanks,
> > Bye
> > caroline.c

> Hello,

> doesn't really sound like an awk question...

> However with UNIX you would use 'rm' to delete and perhaps 'at' or 'cron'
> to handle your scheduling, all commands do have a man page.

> Michael Heiming

Wait, you use 'mv' to move those files and use then 'rm -rf /folder'
from cron.

Michael Heiming

--
Michael
--

When I die, I want to die peacefully, in my sleep. Like my grandfather.
Not screaming in terror, like the passengers in his car.

UNIX is userfriendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.

Thu, 25 Dec 2003 07:21:48 GMT

1. How to handle comma in the fields winthin a csv file using awk

2. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

3. awk: open file handles

4. Converting Tcl File handle to C FILE* handle ?

5. Copy files using AWK's output

6. Insert/update on files using awk

7. Using awk And/Or sed To Edit Fourth Field Of File

8. processing one line in a file at a time using awk

9. Help on using AWK to process an XML file

10. Newbie help needed - using awk to create a CSV file

11. using two files in awk

12. merging files using awk