Help Requested: Installing gawk on Solaris 8
Author Message
 Help Requested: Installing gawk on Solaris 8

Greetings,

I am clueless how to get gawk installed on my Solaris 8 system.
[ I can't live with awk/nawk becuase of their field size
limitations ]

I got gawk-3.1.0-sol8-sparc-local.gz from a website.

Now what ? This file is not responding to gunzip/gzip or
tar/uncompress etc.

Even if I manage to get gawk-3.1.0-sol8-sparc-local from
gawk-3.1.0-sol8-sparc-local.gz somehow, then what ?

I dont find any README or INSTALL file of any kind to
help me out.

Is there other ways I can get gwak installed on my
Solaris 8 system fast ? I dont care for now whether its
precompiled binary or if I have to build it from source.

Thanks,
Asim Suter

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:54:25 GMT
 Help Requested: Installing gawk on Solaris 8

Quote:

>Is there other ways I can get gwak installed on my
>Solaris 8 system fast ? I dont care for now whether its
>precompiled binary or if I have to build it from source.

www.sunfreeware.com

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:56:39 GMT

1. help installing 1.4 on Solaris 2.5

2. Help: Troubles installing Tcl/Tk on Solaris 2.5.1

3. Help to install XF2.3 on Solaris

4. help with GNU Smalltalk install on Solaris

5. Request for help installing APL2 Service Level 10

6. Newbie request for help installing XSB Prolog

7. I'm trying to get a gawk (3.1) executable for sun/solaris

8. gawk for solaris

9. Installing gawk on Irix6.3

10. Gawk for win32 slower than Gawk for Dos_32?

11. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

12. gawk 3.0.95, beta for gawk 3.1.0, now available