Where gawk for DOS?
Author Message
 Where gawk for DOS?

Quote:

> lost my gawk, grep and other software. Does anybody know a good
> source for downloading ports of the unix type utilities,
> compilers (gcc) to DOS?

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - if it doesn't list mirrors (I guess it does),
use http://www.*-*-*.com/ tosearch for DJGPP.

Regards...
                Michael

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where gawk for DOS?

..

Quote:
>lost my gawk, grep and other software. Does anybody know a
>good source for downloading ports of the unix type
>utilities, compilers (gcc) to DOS?

For binary distributions, you should also try simtelnet at

http://oak.oakland.edu/pub/simtelnet/gnu/gnuish/

Not the newest version, but the binary distribution at

ftp://agnes.dida.physik.uni-
essen.de/home/janjaap/mingw32/binaries/gawk-3.0.3.zip

includes the file gawk.hlp, a WinHelp version of the gawk
manual. VERY highly recommended for WinTel gawk users.

Various other GNU utilities are available at

http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-
essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/download.html

but they may not be the most recent versions (though other
'packages' may include WinHelp files for other utilities -
I haven't checked). There's a collection of WinHelp files
for GNU utilities at

http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where gawk for DOS?

(Michael Mauch) :

Quote:
>> lost my gawk, grep and other software.
>http://www.delorie.com - if it doesn't list mirrors (I guess it does),

it does:-)

Quote:
>use http://ftpsearch.lycos.com tosearch for DJGPP.

TXS, this I had lost also.

--
Linux/Unixprogramme fr MS-DOS?
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. gawk for dos and witing files

2. Memory Leak in old GAWK for DOS?

3. gawk for DOS?

4. Using dos/windows environment variables in gawk script

5. GAWK 3.0.4 DOS binary WHERE ?

6. dos & os/2 mawk and gawk

7. gawk and sed for DOS box

8. . DOS gawk ?

9. Memory allocation in DOS gawk

10. Gawk for win32 slower than Gawk for Dos_32?

11. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

12. gawk 3.0.95, beta for gawk 3.1.0, now available