top
Author Message
 top

Appreciate a little advice on using top on unix  using bourne shell

I have a script executed by cron every hour containing the following:

date >> /tmp/toplog
top -d1 -n30 >> /tmp/toplog      # that is do once containing 30 lines

On reading after cron has run, the /tmp/toplog with either cat -v more pg or
vi the output tends to be corrupted.
Is there any formatting that I need to do eg troff or the like.

ps I don't want to use vmstat iostat or sa1 sar sadc etc.

Thanks

Sammy

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Desk top vs lap top

2. lap top vs desk top

3. Keeping top level on top.

4. "TclExecuteByteCode execution failure: end stack top != start stack top"

5. Why is top dot not top? Design flaw?

6. Top rate Contracts-Smalltalk-Telecom, KS

7. "Smalltalk Contracts-Top Rate-KS"

8. Keeping a window on top

9. toolbar always on top?

10. problem witrh top-down vs. bottom-up bitmaps

11. Info please - High Level Assembler - USING at top of page

12. CoSy Summer Roof Top Gathering .