Interesting Data Structure related problem
Author Message
 Interesting Data Structure related problem

Hi All,

Does anybody know of any program (in any script/language) which takes an
input file and convert it into a tree.
It can take for example, a string pattern and an integer number
specifying what node level of the tree that  string pattern becomes.
Therefore, I would have defined string patterns at specified level in a
tree.

And then probably another script/program which takes that tree and
create multiple copies of a node (i.e. same string patterns) with
different names. Graphically, following is the problem:

New Tree
Text File -----------> Tree  0 --------------->0
------------------------------------>Written to new file

                                           0                          0
                                           /\
/  \
                                         0  0                   0000
0000 (Note mutiplicity is 4)
                                        / \    \                    /
\            \
                                         0    0
0000    0000(Note mutiplicity is 4)

Please let me know if anybody has done this before or know of any
program that I can obtain off the shelf.
Thanks
Vikas

  vikas.sapra.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:18:57 GMT
 Interesting Data Structure related problem

Don't do that. Post in text only.

Quote:
> Does anybody know of any program (in any script/language) which takes an
> input file and convert it into a tree.
> It can take for example, a string pattern and an integer number
> specifying what node level of the tree that  string pattern becomes.
> Therefore, I would have defined string patterns at specified level in a
> tree.

Ciao which is a level over cia which uses dagger which uses dot which
uses graphviz, which is the closest I can determine to your query.

http://www.research.att.com/~ciao/
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/reuse/packages/cia.html
http://www.research.att.com/~chen/chen/pubs.html#paper:dagger
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/   # is this what you want?

As for the second part of your question, many C++ IDE/code-browswers can
do this, I know, but for mucho $$$. If this is what you desire, the code
above is available for DL and is written to be very versatile; why don't
you write your own and then give it to _us_?

-Brian

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Event case loses connection to data structure when data structure is modified

2. GOBO data structure library vs other data structure libraries

3. Q Re Exporting of Structures and some (un)related problems

4. Problem with Data-Structures/Formats

5. simple data structure problem

6. Algorithms, Data Structures and Problems

7. problems with recursive data structures

8. need help with data structure problem

9. Problems Restoring Structured Data from a Compiled File in LUCID 3.0

10. Losing data on data structure change

11. data structures versus data bases???

12. need guidance related to Structure graph