Newbie question
Author Message
 Newbie question

OK, I'm new to awk and I'm trying to figure something out. This should be fairly simple. I'm
trying to get a script to ping various elements of the network that I work on and make sort
of a primative moving average. What I have so far is this:

#!/bin/sh

DEATH=`(ping -c 6 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx | grep round-trip | awk -f /home/noc/chris/pingseperator)`

echo "Deathstar:        $DEATH2 ms ($DEATH ms)" `awk print { sum = $DEATH2 - $DEATH }`" ms"

Quote:
> ~/web-pages/info/death.out

The awk element of this is not working. All that I want it to do is subtract (since bash
can't handle the decimal value. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

--
Chris Hawkins

"No matter where you go...

                ...There you are."

                Buckaroo Banzai

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

2. Not a newbie, but a newbie question...

3. Trivial Newbie Question (Newbie)

4. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

5. Yet another question on system calls(newbie question)

6. A few more newbie questions..

7. Newbie question about worth of specializing in Smalltalk

8. Very Newbie questions

9. Newbie question

10. newbie questionS

11. Another Newbie Question