Inserting First Field in Fixed Delimited File
Author Message
 Inserting First Field in Fixed Delimited File

Hi,
 How can I insert the values in the first field of fixed
delimited format file. The file is like this.
    ,ABC,ZA,123,  98.88,hbd, 1256,a
  ^

 First Field

Thanks

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting First Field in Fixed Delimited File

Quote:

>Hi,
> How can I insert the values in the first field of fixed
>delimited format file. The file is like this.
>    ,ABC,ZA,123,  98.88,hbd, 1256,a
>  ^
> First Field

awk -F, 'NF>0{$1="whatever-you-want"}{print}' infile > outfile

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to convert tab delimited file to space delimited file

2. Problem when formating a variable delimited file to fixed length

3. Start with a field on a form other than the first field

4. Convert comma-delimited records to fixed length records

5. getting fields NOT comma delimited with commas inside

6. Importing with tab delimited fields + Speed Tests

7. scanning for delimited fields

8. scanning for delimited fields

9. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

10. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

11. Tktable - inserting first row

12. Find record/ insert a field into it???