Splitting the DJGPP gawk Docs?
Author Message
 Splitting the DJGPP gawk Docs?

The DJGPP distribution of gawk 3.1.1 for Win32 comes with its documentation
in an ungainly 1+MB HTML file (and a second big one just for networking).
Is there an easy way to split this out into smaller HTML files?  Or is there
a split distribution someplace?

I don't see any clues in any of the other files provided in the
documentation zip, and notably missing are readme and install (but, hey,
it's just documentation, right?).

Anyway, I hate to see IE churn just to bring up the single HTML doc page.

    - Dan

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:22:40 GMT
 Splitting the DJGPP gawk Docs?

Quote:
> The DJGPP distribution of gawk 3.1.1 for Win32 comes with its
documentation
> in an ungainly 1+MB HTML file (and a second big one just for
networking).
> Is there an easy way to split this out into smaller HTML files?  Or is
there
> a split distribution someplace?

> I don't see any clues in any of the other files provided in the
> documentation zip, and notably missing are readme and install (but,
hey,
> it's just documentation, right?).

> Anyway, I hate to see IE churn just to bring up the single HTML doc
page.

>     - Dan

Dan,

If you get the full doc zip (5Mb?) from sourceforge it contains a
Windows help file that is pretty easy to navigate.  Also if you go to
the GNU Doc site (I can't find the URL ATM) you could possibly download
the html sections using wget or curl (I'm not sure how up to date the
GNU Doc site is).

As Kenny says if you want "|&" support then you need Cygwin (at the
moment).

Regards,
Peter
--
Peter S Tillier
"Who needs perl when you can write dc and sokoban in sed?"

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:28:03 GMT
 Splitting the DJGPP gawk Docs?

Quote:
> The DJGPP distribution of gawk 3.1.1 for Win32 comes with its
> documentation in an ungainly 1+MB HTML file (and a second big one
> just for networking).
> Is there an easy way to split this out into smaller HTML files?
> Or is there a split distribution someplace?

> I don't see any clues in any of the other files provided in the
> documentation zip, and notably missing are readme and install
> (but, hey, it's just documentation, right?).

> Anyway, I hate to see IE churn just to bring up the single HTML
> doc page.

Try:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/gawk/

It's available in various formats.

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:21:03 GMT

1. DJGPP gawk and Windows 2000

2. looking for DJGPP compilation of gawk v3.1.0.1

3. Gawk (djgpp) 3.0.3 print error?

4. Gawk pre-3.0.0 field splitting ?

5. Gawk for win32 slower than Gawk for Dos_32?

6. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

7. gawk 3.0.95, beta for gawk 3.1.0, now available

8. Python Spanish docs updated/Docs de Python en castellano

9. Python Spanish docs updated/Docs de Python en casstellano

10. ANNOUNCE: TMML - XML DTD for Tcl docs (plus XMLified Tcl docs)

11. string.split and re.split inconsistency

12. re.split vs. string.split