strftime * date calculations
Author Message
 strftime * date calculations

Using awk (not perl or C) can I subtract 2 dates given me the difference
in seconds. If so how??.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 28 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 strftime * date calculations

Quote:

> Using awk (not perl or C) can I subtract 2 dates given me the
difference
> in seconds. If so how??.

Not in standard awk, but gawk should work. Check out:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/texinfodoc/gawk_13.html#SEC128

Regards,
/Peter
--
-= Spam safe(?) e-mail address: pez68 at netscape.net =-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 28 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 strftime * date calculations

Quote:

> Using awk (not perl or C) can I subtract 2 dates given me the difference
> in seconds. If so how??.

Another my-deja.com user has asked a similar question a few days ago.
Actually, it was a Deutsche Bank person hiding behind a my-deja account
(you are at least better hidden :-)

and you might find answers to your question.

Thomas

Tue, 28 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. date calculations ala Perl's Date::Manip?

2. printing the date / strftime equivalent?

3. Date calculation question

4. Date calculation

5. Calculation by date

6. Date Calculation in 2.1

7. Date calculations

8. date calculation

9. -date calculation

10. Time & Date Calculations

11. Date calculations using Report Writer or CW2.003

12. Date Time Difference Calculations