Awk
Author Message
 Awk

I have a script I am writing and after further investigation I found
my problem with my awk command is the file has not been generated yet.
 I want to be able to tar a file to a diskette but in the process I
have awk checking to ensure the diskette is not write protected. thus
the use of the awk command.  that part of the process is not a problem
what the problem is that if the disk is okay I want the tar command to
continue with the file name that has been generated by the script.
problem I am having is awk is trying to open the file.  I don't want
it to open the file I want it to pass the file name on to the rest of
the strcat command so tar can generate the file on disk.  Is awk able
to do this or does awk only work with files that are already in
existence.?

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:57:39 GMT

1. common mistakes in awk: comparing awk with C

2. Awk compilers / Awk to C converters

3. Arrays in awk/awk help please!

4. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

5. Awk in awk??

6. Help with Awk, totally new to AWK programing

7. awk process in awk ??

8. AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program

9. run awk output thru tee inside awk

10. CL-AWK (Common Lisp AWK library)

11. awk.py, an AWK-like tool for Python users

12. An Awk Program to Create an Awk Program [Long]