awk process in awk ??
Author Message
 awk process in awk ??

Hi all.

Is it possible to us an AWK instruction in a AWK program ?

eg :

END {

awk -F '......' file_name

Quote:
}

My purpose is to process a file with AWKand make some action depends on data
in file_name

Can anyone help ?

Le pingouin from France

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:38:08 GMT
 awk process in awk ??

Quote:
> END {

> awk -F '......' file_name
> }

END {
  system("awk -F '...'" file_name)

Quote:
}

--
BBP

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:52:21 GMT
 awk process in awk ??
Merci - Danke - Thanks

:-))

Quote:
> > END {

> > awk -F '......' file_name
> > }

> END {
>   system("awk -F '...'" file_name)
> }

> --
> BBP

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:59:45 GMT
 awk process in awk ??

Quote:

>Hi all.

>Is it possible to us an AWK instruction in a AWK program ?

>eg :

>END {

>awk -F '......' file_name
>}

>My purpose is to process a file with AWKand make some action depends on
data
>in file_name

>Can anyone help ?

It is possible, but maybe you could also use getline < file_name
without starting another awk.

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:55:27 GMT

1. common mistakes in awk: comparing awk with C

2. Awk compilers / Awk to C converters

3. Arrays in awk/awk help please!

4. Help with Awk, totally new to AWK programing

5. AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program

6. run awk output thru tee inside awk

7. Awk within awk??

8. Awk in awk??

9. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

10. How Can i do AWK in AWK

11. An Awk Program to Create an Awk Program [Long]

12. awk.py, an AWK-like tool for Python users