How to remove a alpha from a column
Author Message
 How to remove a alpha from a column

I would like to write a short script that can remove an alpha, always
capital H from the 6th column of a '|' pipe delimited file.
Could someone make a suggestion on the command/scipt?

Thanks,

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to remove a alpha from a column

Quote:

>I would like to write a short script that can remove an alpha, always
>capital H from the 6th column of a '|' pipe delimited file.
>Could someone make a suggestion on the command/scipt?

How about something like:

awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}{sub(/H/,"",$6);print}' infile

But without knowing what your data looks like, or what you really
want for output, this is merely a guess based upon your not totally
clear problem statement.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. sum all columns based on column 1

2. Help: using hidden columns with columns resizable in a list box

3. Column selection in multi-column report.

4. CW5: Column selection in multi-column report.

5. Plotting 1st column vs 2nd column in Excel from LabVIEW

6. New to FORTRAN - Reformatting One Column to Multiple Columns

7. how do i convert a multi column into a single column in the output in fortran

8. Tk Table Sorting by column and Moving Columns

9. hacks for remove and remove!

10. Help, Alpha blend/ alpha channel problem.

11. Troubling Alpha: SMP support of Compaq Fort under Linux/Alpha

12. How do I set background color when removing transparency (alpha)?