running contents of array
Author Message
 running contents of array

All,

How do I run the contents of an array eg ...

BEGIN {
    print begin
    a[1]="print success"

Quote:
}

{
    a[1]

Quote:
}

END{
    print end

Quote:
}

I want the functionality of the back quote as found in the Bourne shell.

Thanks,
Fabian Wong

Thu, 05 May 2005 07:01:17 GMT
 running contents of array

Quote:
>All,

>How do I run the contents of an array eg ...

>BEGIN {
>    print begin

    print "begin"

Quote:
>    a[1]="print success"
>}

>{
>    a[1]
>}

>END{
>    print end

    print "end"

Quote:
>}

>I want the functionality of the back quote as found in the Bourne shell.

use the system function to run external unix (or your OS) commands.

define your own functions to run awk commands.

man awk

Chuck Demas

Wed, 04 May 2005 07:36:55 GMT

1. Running a process - Updating Browse contents

2. How to print the content of an array ?

3. Printing the Contents of a 2d Array

4. contents of freshly ALLOCATEd array?

5. problems with delivery of content of an array when using hyperreference

6. Sparse arrays with arbitrary content and indices.

7. Shifting numpy array contents

8. visualize the contents of aC++ array

9. Corruption of field content / Content spreading over fields / NIGHTMARE

10. content of content variable

11. get the content of the content

12. HELP: Run-time array dimension in LabVIEW formula node