fatal error: internal error
Author Message
 fatal error: internal error

Hello,

   I am new to awk. I am trying to port gawk-3.1.1 to mips platform
(little endian). I could succefully compile the source code. It also
runs simple scripts from the command line

   For e.g.
     gawk '{ print $0 }' /etc/passwd

     gives me the right answer.

  However, if I run a simple script (given below), I get error:

   gawk -f mips.awk

        gawk: /test.awk:7: (FILENAME=- FNR=1) fatal error: internal error

   I tried various versions of gawk but I get the same error.

Thanks,

Sadik

test.awk
=========

BEGIN {
  n = 10
  FS=":"

Quote:
}

{
  for ( i = 0; i < 10 ;i++)
    {
      print $1
    }
Quote:
}

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:14:38 GMT
 fatal error: internal error

Quote:

> Hello,

>    I am new to awk. I am trying to port gawk-3.1.1 to mips platform
> (little endian). I could succefully compile the source code. It also
> runs simple scripts from the command line

>    For e.g.
>      gawk '{ print $0 }' /etc/passwd

>      gives me the right answer.

>   However, if I run a simple script (given below), I get error:

>    gawk -f mips.awk

             ^^^^^^^^
Quote:

>         gawk: /test.awk:7: (FILENAME=- FNR=1) fatal error: internal error

                 ^^^^^^^^
Is this a typo - otherwise I would suspect an alias problem.

--
Dan Mercer

If responding by email, include the phrase 'from usenet'
in the subject line to avoid spam filtering.

Quote:

>    I tried various versions of gawk but I get the same error.

> Thanks,

> Sadik

> test.awk
> =========

> BEGIN {
>   n = 10
>   FS=":"
> }

> {
>   for ( i = 0; i < 10 ;i++)
>     {
>       print $1
>     }
> }

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:40:31 GMT
 fatal error: internal error

Quote:

> > Hello,

> >    I am new to awk. I am trying to port gawk-3.1.1 to mips platform
> > (little endian). I could succefully compile the source code. It also
> > runs simple scripts from the command line

> >    For e.g.
> >      gawk '{ print $0 }' /etc/passwd

> >      gives me the right answer.

> >   However, if I run a simple script (given below), I get error:

> >    gawk -f mips.awk
>           ^^^^^^^^

> >         gawk: /test.awk:7: (FILENAME=- FNR=1) fatal error: internal error
>                  ^^^^^^^^
> Is this a typo - otherwise I would suspect an alias problem.

 It is a typo. Sorry about that. I run the command as follows:

      ./gawk  -f ./test.awk /etc/passwd

and the result is :

   gawk: ./test.awk:7: (FILENAME=/etc/passwd FNR=1) fatal error: internal error
   Abort

  Can it be due to memory limitation? The hardware I am
using has only 32MB memory, and the available memory is 25.4MB.

 I cross comipled gawk as below:

  1. Downloaded and extracted  gawk-3.1.1-5-src.tar.bz2
  2. Configured gawk:
         ./configure --target=mipsel-linux
  3. Compile
      make CC=mipsel-linux-gcc LD=mipsel-linux-ld
  4. Copied the binary 'gawk' / of the target. ( I am using NFS root).

   mipsel-linux-gcc version: 2.96
   mipsel-linux-ld version : 2.12.90.0.7
   Linux kernel version    : 2.4.18

> --
> Dan Mercer

> If responding by email, include the phrase 'from usenet'
> in the subject line to avoid spam filtering.

> >    I tried various versions of gawk but I get the same error.

> > Thanks,

> > Sadik

> > test.awk
> > =========

> > BEGIN {
> >   n = 10
> >   FS=":"
> > }

> > {
> >   for ( i = 0; i < 10 ;i++)
> >     {
> >       print $1
> >     }
> > }

> Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of my employer

Sun, 01 May 2005 04:28:29 GMT
 fatal error: internal error
>It is a typo. Sorry about that. I run the command as follows:

>      ./gawk  -f ./test.awk /etc/passwd

>and the result is :

>   gawk: ./test.awk:7: (FILENAME=/etc/passwd FNR=1) fatal error: internal
error
>   Abort
>I cross comipled gawk as below:

>  1. Downloaded and extracted  gawk-3.1.1-5-src.tar.bz2
>  2. Configured gawk:
>         ./configure --target=mipsel-linux
>  3. Compile
>      make CC=mipsel-linux-gcc LD=mipsel-linux-ld
>  4. Copied the binary 'gawk' / of the target. ( I am using NFS root).

>   mipsel-linux-gcc version: 2.96
>   mipsel-linux-ld version : 2.12.90.0.7
>   Linux kernel version    : 2.4.18

GCC 2.96 is the version that Red Hat got into so much trouble over for
including it in RH7. It was a development version not meant for production
use. See http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html . There are TONS of postings in
Linux newsgroups about the problems anyone faces when trying to do anything
nontrivial with this version. If your system has kgcc (an older egcs version
meant to be the 'kernel gcc'), use that instead (and edit your Makefile
accordingly). If not (and you may want to do this anyway), get the latest
stable gcc 3.x version, and use it to build gawk.

Sun, 01 May 2005 04:44:36 GMT
 fatal error: internal error

Quote:

> > > Hello,

> > >    I am new to awk. I am trying to port gawk-3.1.1 to mips
platform
> > > (little endian). I could succefully compile the source code. It
also
> > > runs simple scripts from the command line
[...]

> > >         gawk: /test.awk:7: (FILENAME=- FNR=1) fatal error:
internal error
> >                  ^^^^^^^^
> > Is this a typo - otherwise I would suspect an alias problem.

>  It is a typo. Sorry about that. I run the command as follows:

>       ./gawk  -f ./test.awk /etc/passwd

> and the result is :

>    gawk: ./test.awk:7: (FILENAME=/etc/passwd FNR=1) fatal error:
internal error
>    Abort

>   Can it be due to memory limitation? The hardware I am
> using has only 32MB memory, and the available memory is 25.4MB.

>  I cross comipled gawk as below:

>   1. Downloaded and extracted  gawk-3.1.1-5-src.tar.bz2

This designation for file names is used by the Cygwin distribution and
will contain Cygwin-specific code, which _may_ conflict with your
platform requirements.  If you have problems with it, it is better to
download and compile from the main GNU sources for gawk-3.1.1 from
ftp://gnudist.gnu.org/gnu/gawk or an http: source.

Quote:
>   2. Configured gawk:
>          ./configure --target=mipsel-linux
>   3. Compile
>       make CC=mipsel-linux-gcc LD=mipsel-linux-ld
>   4. Copied the binary 'gawk' / of the target. ( I am using NFS root).

>    mipsel-linux-gcc version: 2.96

As Harlan says revert to a gcc-2.95 or upgrade to gcc-3.? this is not a
release version.

Quote:
>    mipsel-linux-ld version : 2.12.90.0.7
>    Linux kernel version    : 2.4.18

[...]

HTH
--
Peter S Tillier
"Who needs perl when you can write dc and sokoban in sed?"

Sun, 01 May 2005 09:32:51 GMT

1. Tkinter error in exiting the app: Fatal Python Error

2. Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13

3. Error (513) Internal error (13)

4. Error (513): Internal Error 13

5. Run Time Error - Internal Error

6. runtime error (internal error)