Awk scripts archival website
Author Message
 Awk scripts archival website

Hi All,

Thanks for your help on equation derivation scripts. Is there an
archive/website for awk scripts as CPAN for Perl?

Vikas

  vikas.sapra.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:31:53 GMT
 Awk scripts archival website

> Thanks for your help on equation derivation scripts. Is there an
> archive/website for awk scripts as CPAN for Perl?

You're kidding?! This ng is it, and until Google gets Deja back online,
you're limited to however much your ISP retains. There is no awk
repository because awk is neither particularly general nor widely used
(nowhere near the extent Perl is).

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:49:00 GMT
 Awk scripts archival website

Quote:

> Hi All,

> Thanks for your help on equation derivation scripts. Is there an
> archive/website for awk scripts as CPAN for Perl?

> Vikas

I don't think so, unless you count newsgroup archives.

It would be nice to have one.

-Ed

--
Did you know that the reason that windows steam up in cold|Edward Rosten
weather is because of all the fish in the atmosphere?     |u98ejr

                                                          |eng.ox.ac.uk

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:04:13 GMT
 Awk scripts archival website

Quote:

> > Hi All,

> > Thanks for your help on equation derivation scripts. Is there an
> > archive/website for awk scripts as CPAN for Perl?

> > Vikas

> I don't think so, unless you count newsgroup archives.

> It would be nice to have one.

Tere are several AWK batch scripts accessible from this page:
http://www.maem.umr.edu/~batch/multilingual.html

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:42:38 GMT
 Awk scripts archival website
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:31:53 +1000, Vikas Sapra

Quote:

>Hi All,

>Thanks for your help on equation derivation scripts. Is there an
>archive/website for awk scripts as CPAN for Perl?

I could send you most of the traffic in comp.lang.awk of the
last 14 months if you like. Quite a few problems and solutions
in that archive. You'll receive a 7.7 MByte (PKZipped to 1.7
MByte) Unix message file with full headers, covering 1999-12-01
thru 2001-02-18, almost as complete as my feed, which is not too
bad.
I'm collecting these articles on a Windows platform, so you'll
have to allow for cr/lf record delimiters, but Unixers can get
rid of the cr's with a simple tr -d "\r" .

Anyone interested ? Just mail the address in my sig. I'll wait
something like a week to collect all responses before sending
anything.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt; Rotterdam; Netherlands

c[_] Disclaimer: Any opinions etc. are mine, not necessarily my employer's.
Progress (n) : What led from smart users in front of dumb terminals to
dumb users in front of smart terminals.

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 03:44:30 GMT
 Awk scripts archival website

Quote:
>Hi All,

>Thanks for your help on equation derivation scripts. Is there an
>archive/website for awk scripts as CPAN for Perl?

>Vikas

I would like to set something up.  I am starting a simple collection
of files, available via ftp.  If anyone has something they want to make
available, please EMAIL it to me and I'll add it.  Full details will be
available in the gawk doc when gawk 3.1 is released.

If anyone wants to volunteer to manage something more comprehensive,
along the lines of CPAN, I can probably arrange for disk space and an
account on the system where I'll be hosting the awk archive.  If you're
interested, drop me a note.

In re the recent matrix inversion posts; if the posters want to email me
their programs, any documentation, and so on, I'll add it to my ftp site.

Thanks,

Arnold
--
Arnold Robbins                  | If There's More Than One Way To Do It,
Guest account at Emory Math/CS  | then why is there only one implementation

                                |       -- Arnold Robbins

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 18:11:35 GMT
 Awk scripts archival website

Quote:

> Is there an archive/website for awk scripts ... ?

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.awk/faq

 - Larry Weiss

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:28:45 GMT

1. Creating an awk script to extract other scripts from a file

2. Access to Script Name Within Awk Script

3. COBOL and Website CGI Scripting

4. Running python scripts from Website 1.1

5. cgi-script for protected websites

6. a website information gathering script

7. Comp.lang.apl archival site?

8. VHDL/Verilog coding style and archival?

9. VHDL/Verilog coding style and archival?

10. Archival / Zipped File Creation

11. Comp.lang.prolog archival site?

12. Comp.lang.lisp archival site