Bug in the gawk networking patch
Author Message
 Bug in the gawk networking patch

Hello All,

Is anyone using gawk 3.0.6 with the networking patch?

I'm about to submit a bug report to Jurgen, but before
I did I was wondering if anyone could reproduce the
error I'm getting.

I've managed to produce the error from a one-liner:

'{a[NR]=$1};END{for(i=1;i<=NR;i++)print a[i]}'

If this is given data containing 1 to 8 lines (either
through the stdin or from a file) it works fine, but
at 9 lines of input it spews loads (80) blank lines in
addition to the input data. With 10 or more lines of
input data it just print the first line of input.

Weird.

Thanks in advance,

Tristan.

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:02:23 GMT
 Bug in the gawk networking patch

Quote:

> Is anyone using gawk 3.0.6 with the networking patch?

Yes.

Quote:
> I'm about to submit a bug report to Jurgen, but before
> I did I was wondering if anyone could reproduce the
> error I'm getting.

I can't; your one-liner works just like it should.

Regards...
                Michael

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 03:14:50 GMT
 Bug in the gawk networking patch

Quote:

> > Is anyone using gawk 3.0.6 with the networking patch?

> Yes.

> > I'm about to submit a bug report to Jurgen, but before
> > I did I was wondering if anyone could reproduce the
> > error I'm getting.

> I can't; your one-liner works just like it should.

Thanks for testing that. Jurgen couldn't reproduce
the error either - so I guess it's something I've
done wrong. Apologies for being a PIA.

The weird thing is I've managed to reproduce the
error both at work and at home, so whatever it is
I've done I've done twice.

Anyway thanks again,

Tristan.

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 17:42:33 GMT

1. UNOFFICIAL networking patch for gawk 3.0.4 now available

2. gawk FPAT patch: patch to the patch

3. gawk 3 patch by A. Robbins for index(.,"")==0 bug

4. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

5. beta test version of patch 2 to gawk 3.1 available

6. Patch #1 to gawk 3.1 now available

7. GAWK and the networking extensions: Future plans?

8. gawk-3.0.6-networking-diffs

9. Online doc for GAWK networking / socket access

10. Should network access become part of GAWK ?

11. announcement of patch 5 to gawk 2.15

12. UPDATED: Tcl8.0p2 BUGS+PATCH: variable related bugs