AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program
Author Message
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program

Hi,
I need to re-format a bunch of html pages (which have a quite simple layout)
to an (even more) simplified html layout. I was told AWK might be the
solution for that.

I am not a programmer however but I read through some AWK FAQs and also
through the "Effective AWK Programming" book of Arnold D. Robbins. I am now
totally upset and do not know anymore where to start.

Is there anyone out there interested to help a newbie out? I really would
appreciate (and honour with gifts from France ;-) someone with AWK knowings
and time, who is willing to establish the AWK source-scaffold for me.

If I am lucky enough to find someone here, please reply to this posting. A

Thanks for any reply!
Markus Biewer

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 20:07:00 GMT
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program

Quote:

> Hi,
> I need to re-format a bunch of html pages (which have a quite simple
> layout)
> to an (even more) simplified html layout. I was told AWK might be the
> solution for that.

> I am not a programmer however but I read through some AWK FAQs and also
> through the "Effective AWK Programming" book of Arnold D. Robbins. I am
> now
> totally upset and do not know anymore where to start.

> Is there anyone out there interested to help a newbie out? I really would
> appreciate (and honour with gifts from France ;-) someone with AWK
> knowings
> and time, who is willing to establish the AWK source-scaffold for me.

> If I am lucky enough to find someone here, please reply to this posting.

> Thanks for any reply!
> Markus Biewer

Can you state the exact problem and some sample code/input ? That is be
pretty much the minimum required to get the ball rolling on any problem
you may have.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:59:30 GMT
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program

I need an AWK programm that parses an input.html file for the content of
each table fields which should be written into a new output.html file.  Some
table content should be preceded by a word in the output file, e.g.
tablefield1:, tablefield2: etc. Others should be written on the head of the
document like a "header".

Can anyone offer me some help to write a AWK programm that does this job?

Thanks very very much in advance!

Salut from France! Markus

> > Hi,
> > I need to re-format a bunch of html pages (which have a quite simple
> > layout)
> > to an (even more) simplified html layout. I was told AWK might be the
> > solution for that.

> > I am not a programmer however but I read through some AWK FAQs and also
> > through the "Effective AWK Programming" book of Arnold D. Robbins. I am
> > now
> > totally upset and do not know anymore where to start.

> > Is there anyone out there interested to help a newbie out? I really
would
> > appreciate (and honour with gifts from France ;-) someone with AWK
> > knowings
> > and time, who is willing to establish the AWK source-scaffold for me.

> > If I am lucky enough to find someone here, please reply to this posting.

> > Thanks for any reply!
> > Markus Biewer

> Can you state the exact problem and some sample code/input ? That is be
> pretty much the minimum required to get the ball rolling on any problem
> you may have.

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:42:13 GMT
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program
I need an AWK programm that parses an input.html file for the content of
each table fields which should be written into a new output.html file.  Some
table content should be preceded by a word in the output file, e.g.
tablefield1:, tablefield2: etc. Others should be written on the head of the
document like a "header".

Can anyone offer me some help to write a AWK programm that does this job?

Thanks very very much in advance!

Salut from France! Markus

> > Hi,
> > I need to re-format a bunch of html pages (which have a quite simple
> > layout)
> > to an (even more) simplified html layout. I was told AWK might be the
> > solution for that.

> > I am not a programmer however but I read through some AWK FAQs and also
> > through the "Effective AWK Programming" book of Arnold D. Robbins. I am
> > now
> > totally upset and do not know anymore where to start.

> > Is there anyone out there interested to help a newbie out? I really
would
> > appreciate (and honour with gifts from France ;-) someone with AWK
> > knowings
> > and time, who is willing to establish the AWK source-scaffold for me.

> > If I am lucky enough to find someone here, please reply to this posting.

> > Thanks for any reply!
> > Markus Biewer

> Can you state the exact problem and some sample code/input ? That is be
> pretty much the minimum required to get the ball rolling on any problem
> you may have.

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:41:46 GMT
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program
I need an AWK programm that parses an input.html file for the content of
each table fields which should be written into a new output.html file.  Some
table content should be preceded by a word in the output file, e.g.
tablefield1:, tablefield2: etc. Others should be written on the head of the
document like a "header".

Can anyone offer me some help to write a AWK programm that does this job?

Thanks very very much in advance!

Salut from France! Markus

> > Hi,
> > I need to re-format a bunch of html pages (which have a quite simple
> > layout)
> > to an (even more) simplified html layout. I was told AWK might be the
> > solution for that.

> > I am not a programmer however but I read through some AWK FAQs and also
> > through the "Effective AWK Programming" book of Arnold D. Robbins. I am
> > now
> > totally upset and do not know anymore where to start.

> > Is there anyone out there interested to help a newbie out? I really
would
> > appreciate (and honour with gifts from France ;-) someone with AWK
> > knowings
> > and time, who is willing to establish the AWK source-scaffold for me.

> > If I am lucky enough to find someone here, please reply to this posting.

> > Thanks for any reply!
> > Markus Biewer

> Can you state the exact problem and some sample code/input ? That is be
> pretty much the minimum required to get the ball rolling on any problem
> you may have.

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:41:33 GMT
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program
Gifts?  Sounds like fun.  As rabbit-man said, we'll need samples of
what you have and what you want to generate, but I'd be happy to help
out.

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:40:06 GMT
 AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:41:46 +0200, "Markus Biewer"

Quote:

>I need an AWK programm that parses an input.html file for the content of
>each table fields which should be written into a new output.html file.  Some
>table content should be preceded by a word in the output file, e.g.
>tablefield1:, tablefield2: etc. Others should be written on the head of the
>document like a "header".

It would help if you could post an example of what you're starting
with, and what you want to end up with.

Jacob

Note: To reply to my email,
remove the .nospam from the address.

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:23:01 GMT

1. An Awk Program to Create an Awk Program [Long]

2. Arrays in awk/awk help please!

3. Help with Awk, totally new to AWK programing

4. Newbie question -- to make an awk program act on a collection of files

5. Making awk programs look pretty

6. Newbie Awk Program 1

7. Newbie Awk Program 2

8. newbie needs help with multiple expressions in awk

9. help for newbie: way to get the value of an awk variable in a shell script

10. awk newbie needs help

11. Newbie help needed - using awk to create a CSV file

12. Awk Newbie...help?