     job_title: STUDENT SVC MAIN WADS HALL
classification: Student
-----------------------------------
          name: Jensen, Nicholas M.
<more records above and below>
-----------------------------------

why does

   RS='-----------------------------------'

truncate to the hyphen in the phone number:
            name: Jensen, Nicholas M.

<snip>
             zip: 49930
           phone: (906) 482

whereas the exact same line with `gawk' returns what I expect, the whole
record?

I am guessing the One True Awk doesn't support multicharacter RS, but I
guess I'd like confirmation before I decide that's right...

thanks much for any help.
Colin DeVilbiss

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. awk RS question

2. RS-232 Comm Question

3. Quick Question for MAX+PLUS example (rs flip flop)

4. RS 232 questions

5. A question on RS/6000 lapack

6. question about image compatibility

7. Parcels compatibility and other questions

8. Question: any compatibility issue between Clipper 5.3 and 5.01

9. many LV compatibility questions!!

10. Easy question - Array indicator and control compatibility

11. CA-VO MS-ACCESS Compatibility Question

12. Question about MacOberon Compatibility