Looking for "pretty-printer"/reformatter for AWK
Author Message
 Looking for "pretty-printer"/reformatter for AWK

I would like to get a pretty-printer/reformatter for AWK.  In particular,
I'd like to be able to take existing code that is badly formatted and bring
it in line with my coding standards.

I've used GNU indent for this and it sort of works.  Obviously, it is
designed for C syntax, which is a little different than AWK syntax.  I
haven't tried reconfiguring indent (as with all GNU things, I'm sure it can
do anything you want, as long as you configure it correctly...).

Has anyone written an AWK pretty-printer?  Thanks.

"The rich are different from you and me."
                - Fitzgerald -
"Yes.  They have more money."
                - Hemmingway -

          hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, every time he posts -
rwvpf wpnrrj ibf ijrfer

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX source "pretty printer" program

2. Code Reformatter/Pretty Printer

3. F77 code reformatter (pretty printer)

4. Looking for "stdin", "stdout"

5. "Pretty" Language Summary

6. Making source code "pretty"

7. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

8. awk pretty printer?

9. C++ awk pretty printer?

10. Printing to "Windows Printers"

11. Printing to "windows only" printers

12. Printing to an "Windows only printer"