Problems with FS
Author Message
 Problems with FS

    How can i make  my FS equal ORG=, in a solaris2.5.1??

        I've got a problem with FS = "ORG=" in this case the field
separator is only O and not ORG=.

        Thanks

  lvanaclocha.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with FS

Quote:

>     How can i make  my FS equal ORG=, in a solaris2.5.1??

>         I've got a problem with FS = "ORG=" in this case the field
> separator is only O and not ORG=.

>         Thanks

Since you did not show your code, I can only offer some suggestions.

1. You can try your same code but use nawk as the interpreter instead of
awk (I believe that SUN maintains two versions of awk on the Solaris
platform; "awk" being the original which probably did not allow a regexp
to be used as a field separator; and "nawk" which is like the awk almost
everybody else uses today)
2. You can try -F "ORG=" as a command line option to the program, rather
than trying to set it in the script
3. If you need to set it in the script, you should do so in the BEGIN
block and you can then use the syntax FS = /ORG=/

I'm not sure if you've explored these options already, but it's
something to try.

Cesar
--
Please remove the uppercase characters from my e-mail address for the
real thing

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with FS

Quote:

>    How can i make  my FS equal ORG=, in a solaris2.5.1??

>        I've got a problem with FS = "ORG=" in this case the field
>separator is only O and not ORG=.

Some versions of awk only accept one character for the field separator.

Check your man page, and check different versions of awk (mawk, nawk,
gawk) that might be available on your system.

gawk accepts regular expressions for field separators, so perhaps
using that will solve your problem.

Some people in this newsgroup think (incorrectly, IMO), that
this problem (FS being only one character) does not exist.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FIELDWIDTHS and FS - problem changing...

2. Kyocera FS 1200 printing problem

3. problem with registers FS and GS

4. Smalltalk Books FS

5. FS FastCGI and IIS

6. Everything you EVER DID is STILL STORED IN YOUR PC ( g029 fs)

7. FS: APL Conference proceedings of possible historical interest

8. FS: IBM System/370 Emergency Pull Knob

9. FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

10. FS: ALGEBRA -- An Algorithmic Treatment book

11. FS:text - assembler 370