quick help needed: reading from a file within awk
Author Message
 quick help needed: reading from a file within awk

Please help
I wanna read the data from a file within awk. i.e let's say a file named
test.txt is in the same directory and i want to read it's contents into
a variable named testvariable inside awk... please no shell scripting...

I dont want to change the FILENAME variable either... is there a way to
do this...
this should be simple i am hoping...
thanks a lot for the help
Arul

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:24:05 GMT
 quick help needed: reading from a file within awk
gawk '{..........
getline Var < "Input.file";print Var
.....}'

Quote:
> Please help
> I wanna read the data from a file within awk. i.e let's say a file named
> test.txt is in the same directory and i want to read it's contents into
> a variable named testvariable inside awk... please no shell scripting...

> I dont want to change the FILENAME variable either... is there a way to
> do this...
> this should be simple i am hoping...
> thanks a lot for the help
> Arul

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:55:21 GMT

1. Help: How can I read multiple files from awk

2. Newbie help needed - using awk to create a CSV file

3. Replacing a string from an input file within awk script

4. copy a file from within awk?

5. Awk within awk??

6. How to specify input file within awk script?

7. Need HELP: Reading from a file....

8. Need help reading this DOS file!

9. Urgent help needed reading txt file

10. need help in reading in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR from a file