Problem with Field Separators
Author Message
 Problem with Field Separators

Hello all,
   I am writing a small script to parse a colon-delimited
file and generate a list of users.  The system has GNU awk
3.03.  I am calling gawk with the argument '-F :', but it
is splitting the fields both on spaces and colons, which is
not what I want.  I once used an almost identical script on
a system with an older version of gawk, and I never had
this problem, even though I called gawk with the same
argument.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie Anderson

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Field Separators
Please ignore, it turns out the problem was not in awk, but
rather the way I was passing input to it.  Sorry.

Jamie

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dealing with commas as a field separator AND possibly within a field

2. Hexadecimal Field Separator

3. Multiple field separators for paranthesis not working

4. multiple field separators in AWK

5. Field Separator

6. Field Separator larger than one character

7. Field Separator not working

8. Quoted field separators

9. backslash as field separator

10. field separator

11. AWK with 2 field separators

12. Strange AWK behaviour with Field-Separators