Is there tr for DJGPP ?
Author Message
 Is there tr for DJGPP ?

My humble apologies for posting a question not directly related
to awk but I have seem several posts refer to the DJGPP version
of GAWK so maybe someone can help.

Basically, is there a version of tr for DJGPP?

I was delighted to find that sed was available and I have been
using DOS GAWK for quite a while but there are a few tasks
where even using AWK seems like overkill (and I'd like to
use the same scripts with Linux and DOS if I can).
I couldn't find it in fileutils.  Am I missing something?
     Thanks for any pointers,
          Bernard

PS: Thanks to those that developed MacGAWK - it makes life at
work much more bearable.
--
Bernard Murray, PhD

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there tr for DJGPP ?

Quote:

>My humble apologies for posting a question not directly related
>to awk but I have seem several posts refer to the DJGPP version
>of GAWK so maybe someone can help.

>Basically, is there a version of tr for DJGPP?
<Snipped>
>I couldn't find it in fileutils.  Am I missing something?

Yes, it's in textutils, not fileutils.  Latest files are txt122b.zip
(binaries) and txt122s.zip (source), on any simtelnet mirror,
directory simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu.

HTH.

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there tr for DJGPP ?

Quote:
> My humble apologies for posting a question not directly related
> to awk but I have seem several posts refer to the DJGPP version
> of GAWK so maybe someone can help.
> Basically, is there a version of tr for DJGPP?

[snip]

And quick as lightning I had polite replies from;

pointing out that tr was included with text utilities
(which I had ignored as I read it as TeX utilities)
...and noone told me to use Perl instead  ;-)

I grabbed the files from ftp.cdrom.com/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu

as txt122*.zip etc.

Installed, tested, appreciated.... (along with split, join, cut etc.)
My apologies for the late thank you but our news spooler was
throttling.

My thanks to you both.  I can see my faith in the AWK newsgroup
is entirely justified.
          Bernard

PS: For those that don't know about DJGPP check out
www.delorie.com/djgpp     and enjoy.
--
Bernard Murray, PhD

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT