GAWK
Author Message
 GAWK

Has anyone written a script that would read a large file using the match
function.  Once I find a match I want to get all  records following the line
that match until I come to a line that contain  120 "=".   I want to format the
data into a report and exit.

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GAWK

Quote:
(LShoats) writes:
>Has anyone written a script that would read a large file using the match
>function.  Once I find a match I want to get all  records following the line
>that match until I come to a line that contain  120 "=".   I want to format
>the data into a report and exit.

Don't use match(). Try

gawk --posix '/pattern/,/={120}/ . . .' inputfile

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Gawk for win32 slower than Gawk for Dos_32?

2. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

3. gawk 3.0.95, beta for gawk 3.1.0, now available

4. First beta release for gawk 3.1.3

5. awk/gawk textfile-problem

6. Gawk 3.1: What are adump and stopme?

7. signal gawk

8. precision of large integers in gawk

9. gawk: dynamic extension and pgawk support for Win32

10. gawk: numbers not double-precision?

11. gawk on other platforms

12. DJGPP gawk and Windows 2000