AWK/NAWK/GAWK questions !
Author Message
 AWK/NAWK/GAWK questions !

In comp.lang.awk, on Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:39:39 -0800, "kim kubik"

Quote:

>>I am a 17 year UNIX pro, One specialty of mine ise AWK/GAWK/NAWK
>pgm lang..
>>I would be happy to answer any questions, just one catch. I want
>a useable
>>AWK type (clone) for use with Windows 9X. If you can help

Go here for the DJGPP gawk port (you'll love it):

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/gwk306b.zip

Quote:

>Why not go directly to the canonical source: Brian Kernighan's
>"One True AWK".  I think it's on his home page, but somewhere
>around:

>    ftp://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/research/index.html

>should get you pointed there, as well as give source code and the
>pgms from the Aho, Weinberger, Kernighan book.

> - k

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:15:19 GMT

1. awk, nawk & gawk

2. How is this done in awk/nawk/gawk?

3. Differences between awk/nawk/gawk/mawk

4. Gawk bug, gawk won't nawk.

5. large nawk program migrating to gawk

6. RS problem in nawk (it works with gawk and mawk)

7. nawk -> gawk/mawk

8. RE different in NAWK and GAWK?

9. Performance gawk v nawk

10. help for new user looking to use awk nawk or mawk

11. Limit for the Line handle by NAWK/AWK on SOLARIS 2.5.7

12. dynamic formatting not available in awk/oawk/nawk?