Posts being removed?
Author Message
 Posts being removed?

Are posts being removed?  I can't see many of the replies I've made at home
when at work, which would lead me to believe my home provider (cox.net) is
not passing mail to the rest of the world--so I can't see it from qwest.net.
Yet I have seen a reply from Larua that quotes one of my messages that I
can't see here, so I know they are going somewhere.

Also, I notice that I am getting errors retrieveing messages from headers of
an exchange between William and Harlan.

Is this a moderated group?

    - Dan

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:16:16 GMT
 Posts being removed?

Quote:

>Are posts being removed?  I can't see many of the replies I've made at home
>when at work, which would lead me to believe my home provider (cox.net) is
>not passing mail to the rest of the world--so I can't see it from qwest.net.
>Yet I have seen a reply from Larua that quotes one of my messages that I
>can't see here, so I know they are going somewhere.

>Also, I notice that I am getting errors retrieveing messages from headers of
>an exchange between William and Harlan.

>Is this a moderated group?

No, but your news-server at you work may not be the best.

Chuck Demas

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:20:25 GMT
 Posts being removed?

Quote:
> Are posts being removed?  I can't see many of the replies I've made at
home
> when at work, which would lead me to believe my home provider
(cox.net) is
> not passing mail to the rest of the world--so I can't see it from
qwest.net.
> Yet I have seen a reply from Larua that quotes one of my messages that
> can't see here, so I know they are going somewhere.

> Also, I notice that I am getting errors retrieveing messages from
headers of
> an exchange between William and Harlan.

> Is this a moderated group?

>     - Dan

Many employers now set-up their systems so that newsgroup messages are
filtered as they are received via the company firewall to protect from
viruses, etc..  Perhaps your employer has used filtering rules that will
eliminate some of the postings to this group.

--
Peter S Tillier
"Who needs perl when you can write dc and sokoban in sed?"

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:24:18 GMT

1. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

2. hacks for remove and remove!

3. Language "ranking" based on posts to users groups (without regard to merit of posts)

4. Sun posts Animorphic Smalltalk system

5. Sun posts Animorphic Smalltalk system

6. Sun posts Animorphic Smalltalk system

7. Posts

8. Missing Posts - TEST

9. : Old posts re-appearing on comp.lang.smalltalk

10. flood of posts yesterday

11. Number of posts to Usenet language groups

12. Missing Posts