using two files in awk
Author Message
 using two files in awk

Does anyone know how to use two files in awk at the same time?

I want to compare information in one file to the other.
If I find a match, I want to replace the information on one file with
the match from the other file.

Thanks in advance

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 using two files in awk

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to use two files in awk at the same time?

Look up the getline command.  You will want to use the "getline x <
file" variation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

2. Ranges in AWK (file name is two lines down)

3. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

4. Writing two equal files without creating two files in dct

5. Copy files using AWK's output

6. Insert/update on files using awk

7. How to handle comma in the fields winthin a csv file using awk

8. Using awk And/Or sed To Edit Fourth Field Of File

9. processing one line in a file at a time using awk

10. Help on using AWK to process an XML file

11. File handling using awk

12. Newbie help needed - using awk to create a CSV file