Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK
Author Message
 Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK

Hi

Is there a guide to AWK. I have a project, I can read AWK. Or rather I am
assuming I can, but to be sure I need a guide/programmers/reference. I'm
using GAWK, but rather than thrash around in the dark making mistakes I
would prefer to have some back up. I am not looking for a book, but a
reference available on the web. If one exists.

regards

James Nugent

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK

Quote:
> Is there a guide to AWK. I have a project, I can read AWK. Or rather I
am
> assuming I can, but to be sure I need a guide/programmers/reference.
I'm
> using GAWK, but rather than thrash around in the dark making mistakes
> would prefer to have some back up. I am not looking for a book, but a
> reference available on the web. If one exists.

Try http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gawk/gawk_3.html - although links
seem a little slow.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:39:58 +0100, "James Nugent"

Quote:

>Is there a guide to AWK. I have a project, I can read AWK. Or rather I am
>assuming I can, but to be sure I need a guide/programmers/reference.

Can't help with GAWK as such, but the AWK documentation I've been
referring to is at:

http://www.cs.ruu.nl/docs/vakken/st/nawk/nawk_toc.html

Cheers

Chris W

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK

Quote:
> >Is there a guide to AWK. I have a project, I can read AWK. Or rather
I am
> >assuming I can, but to be sure I need a guide/programmers/reference.

Try: http://www.gnu.org/manual/gawk-3.0.3/gawk.html

It has all the different formats you can ever want

WarM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK

Quote:

>> >Is there a guide to AWK. I have a project, I can read AWK. Or rather
> I am
>> >assuming I can, but to be sure I need a guide/programmers/reference.

> Try: http://www.gnu.org/manual/gawk-3.0.3/gawk.html

> It has all the different formats you can ever want

The texinfo source of the manual can also be compiled into Windows' help
format using Christian Schenk's makertf (GPL'ed, part of MikTeX?) and
Microsoft's help compiler (search for hc31, hc505 etc.). The nice thing
about these Windows help files is that you can search them almost like
the info files on unixish systems.

If somebody is interested in such a gawk.hlp file (gawk-3.0.6) and can
put it on their web or ftp server, please ask. It's 370 KB zipped,
480 KB original.

Regards...
                Michael

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Programmers/Reference/Technical Guide to AWK
Hello all,

Michael kindly provided me with the windows help file mentioned below.  It
is now available on my web page under the programming resources section.

http://www.cis.rit.edu/~jpm7934/

Jason Meyers
Center for Imaging Science
Rochester Institute of Technology

Quote:

> > I am

> > Try: http://www.gnu.org/manual/gawk-3.0.3/gawk.html

> > It has all the different formats you can ever want

> The texinfo source of the manual can also be compiled into Windows' help
> format using Christian Schenk's makertf (GPL'ed, part of MikTeX?) and
> Microsoft's help compiler (search for hc31, hc505 etc.). The nice thing
> about these Windows help files is that you can search them almost like
> the info files on unixish systems.

> If somebody is interested in such a gawk.hlp file (gawk-3.0.6) and can
> put it on their web or ftp server, please ask. It's 370 KB zipped,
> 480 KB original.

> Regards...
>                 Michael

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sr. Programmer/Analyst/COBOL/VAX/Financial/Accounting/Applications/

3. second_hand-new_2003_year?-NO!-Send_FREE-_-RUSSIA_614104_PERM_MOLDAVAN_4_OF_11_GLOBA_IVAN_expenses pay!_LOT_GRUISE_RUSSIA_YOUR