DJGPP gawk and Windows 2000
Author Message
 DJGPP gawk and Windows 2000

You may recall problems being discussed in this newsgroup a few weeks
ago for the above combination and invocation of the system() function in
gawk from an "MSDOS" command line window.

After discussion in the DJGPP news group part of the problem was
narrowed down to the way that W2K and WinNT4 handle the COMSPEC variable
when running in an "MSDOS" command line window.  Even if this variable
is explicitly set to refer to cmd.exe under W2K the M$ system, such as
it is, uses command.com as the command processor.

This would not, of itself, cause the problems that GC and I were
experiencing, but I discovered eventually that the command.com as
supplied with W2K, Sp1 and Sp2 contains a bug that would have caused
this problem.  The resolution is to install Sp3 which has a corrected
command.com.

Regards,
Peter
--
Peter S Tillier
"Who needs perl when you can write dc, sokoban

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:48:53 GMT

1. looking for windows NT/2000 binary for gawk 3.1.1 (or better)

2. Splitting the DJGPP gawk Docs?

3. looking for DJGPP compilation of gawk v3.1.0.1

4. Gawk (djgpp) 3.0.3 print error?

5. QuickDDE, Word 2000 & Windows 2000

6. Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

7. Clarion for Windows and Windows 2000

8. Clipper 5.2e, Windows Milenium and windows 2000

9. Windows 2000 vs Windows Me

10. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

11. A custom built DLL crashes labview 5.1 in windows 2000 but worked fine in windows 98

12. windows.h not found, compiling 1.6.7 under cygwin/windows 2000