GAWK 3.0.95 - question on the extensions stuff
Author Message
 GAWK 3.0.95 - question on the extensions stuff

I've been playing around with the extension() thing - writing my own shared
lib and calling it from GAWK.  Works great, but I want to know if it is
possible to return a value from my function.

I note that the example do_ functions all end with:

        return tmp_number((AWKNUM) 0);

and that when I print the result of calling one of my new builtins, the
result is always a null string.  I've also tried changing the last line to:

        return tmp_string("This being test",15);

but the result is still a null string.

Am I missing anything?

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:22:11 GMT

1. GAWK 3.0.95 - Bug (er, problem) report on extension stuff

2. gawk 3.0.95, beta for gawk 3.1.0, now available

3. GAWK 3.0.95 - some questions/comments on PC compilation(s)

4. GAWK: Question on using filefuncs.so (creating arrays in extension functions)

5. Recent emails from A. Robbins, regarding latest GAWK (3.0.95)

6. GAWK 2.15.6 for Windows NT/95, DOS32

7. gawk for 95/NT

8. gawk: dynamic extension and pgawk support for Win32

9. gawk 3.x: "static" extensions

10. calling functions from gawk extensions

11. readfile extension for gawk

12. GAWK and the networking extensions: Future plans?