Awk Menu Program - Help Needed
Author Message
 Awk Menu Program - Help Needed

Hi,

Iam new to the awk programming. I have written a menu program in AWK.
It displays a menu and allows the user to opt an option.
After selecting an option, I want the program to invoke another shell
script or an awk script. For example, selecting an option1, will
execute: system(" . test_a_batch_job.ksh 4500 2>&1 t.log &")

Where test_a_batch_job.ksh is a shell script which can invoke an awk
script. For example, awk test_a_batch_job toid=$1 tor_02_03* > t.out

I do not get this working. I will welcome any suggestions from
anybody who might have done similar thing.

Second problem: grep -l 4500 tor_02_03* > files.dat

How could I pass all the files stored in files.dat into the
awk for the patten matching. Could It be done in one command?

Rdgs - Manjeet

--
Sent by manjeet  from  khalsa  subpart  from  swinternet part of co part  from uk

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:13:44 GMT
[...]

Sent by  manjeet from khalsa included in swinternet piece from  co subpart from uk

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:14:21 GMT

1. AWK Menu Program - Help Needed

2. Need Help with an Awk program

3. Need Help awk namelist programming

4. Need Help Implimenting DOS-Style Menus in CVF Standard Graphics Program

5. AWK newbie is looking for a AWK help with his 1st program

6. Neat recursive menu program written in awk

7. An Awk Program to Create an Awk Program [Long]

8. Need assistance with awk and shell programming

9. Need assistance in shell and awk programming!

10. In the Absence of a GoTo Statement: Newbie needs menu-launcher to choose amongst sub-programs

11. Newbie needs menu-launcher to choose amongst sub-programs

12. X menu program launcher needed badly!