Format functions in AWK
Author Message
 Format functions in AWK

Hello,

I am trying to format a string like 1000000 to 1,000,000.00
which means convert a string to a currency formant.
Is there any function in AWK to do this?

Thanks a lot
Baihao

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:22:00 GMT
 Format functions in AWK

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am trying to format a string like 1000000 to 1,000,000.00
>which means convert a string to a currency formant.
>Is there any function in AWK to do this?

(URL wraps to 2 lines)

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=shared&safe=images&ie=ISO-8859-1...

Thread title is: strfmon() function for GAWK.

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:36:37 GMT

1. dates, formatting in AWK

2. formatting with awk

3. using awk to format ifconfig -a output

4. POST cgi string format with awk 3.1.0/net

5. awk Help format time

6. Awk Problem: Changing Input Data Format

7. Awk script to re-format columns

8. dynamic formatting not available in awk/oawk/nawk?

9. Need AWK to change format.

10. awk effective programming (ps format)

11. ANN: AWK FAQ in DOC format

12. formatting a text file with awk