DCB Address
Author Message
 DCB Address

Quote:

>How can I get the DCB address of a DD from the TIOT (start searching from TIOT
>block) ?

I don't believe you can. Note it is possible there could be more than
one DCB associated with a single DD. You can locate OPEN DCBs by
following the DEB chain from the TCB.

Andy Wood

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DCB Address

Quote:
> How can I get the DCB address of a DD from the TIOT (start searching from
TIOT
> block) ?

If things are what they used to be:

If the DCB is closed there is no connection.  The DCB may contain the
DDNAME which may also be in a TIOT entry, but there is no way to find a
closed DCB from the TIOT.

If the DCB is open, it contains the offset of the TIOT entry.  You have to
follow the DEB chain, starting off the TCB, look at each DCB in turn,
pointed to by the DEB, until you find the one that matches the right TIOT
entry.  And there may be more than one.  And it don't have to be a DCB, it
could be an ACB.

And mind you, don't expect to find all this in the documented programming
interface, so you're on your own.  Anything that is not in the documented
programming interface may change without warning, so check that before any
serious use.

Gunnar.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DCB Address
Keep in mind that a single DDNAME could have multiple TIOT Entries
(concatenation). Since the DCB contains the TIOE address of the currently
open dataset for that DCB, you will have to check each DCB with each TIOE
associated with the DDNAME in question.

George Cleveland

Note: The above e-Mail address is the private property of its owner. It is
property which the owner maintains for his private use. Unsolicited e-Mail
to this address is permitted for a usage fee of US$1,000 per occurrance,
which is payable within 30 days of the time that the e-Mail is sent. By
sending unsolicited e-Mail to this e-Mail address the sender is agreeing to
the terms set herein.

Quote:

>You can't.

>What you can do is to run the DEB chain from the TCB, and try to match a
>DCB pointed to by a DEB by the TIOT offset stored in the DCB.  This will
>only work for open DCBs, but there is nothing at all to help you for
unopened DCBs.

>Control blocks you will need (by macro name) --
>CVT, TCB, IEFTIOT1, IEZDEB, and DCBD.

>>How can I get the DCB address of a DD from the TIOT (start searching from
TIOT
>>block) ?
>>T.I.A.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DCB Address
I know that!

Quote:

>Subject: Re: DCB Address

>Keep in mind that a single DDNAME could have multiple TIOT Entries
>(concatenation). Since the DCB contains the TIOE address of the currently
>open dataset for that DCB, you will have to check each DCB with each TIOE
>associated with the DDNAME in question.

>George Cleveland

>Note: The above e-Mail address is the private property of its owner. It is
>property which the owner maintains for his private use. Unsolicited e-Mail
>to this address is permitted for a usage fee of US$1,000 per occurrance,
>which is payable within 30 days of the time that the e-Mail is sent. By
>sending unsolicited e-Mail to this e-Mail address the sender is agreeing to
>the terms set herein.

[snip]

-- Steve Myers

The E-mail addresses in this message are private property.  Any use of them
to  send  unsolicited  E-mail  messages  of  a  commerical  nature  will be
considered trespassing,  and the originator of the message will be  sued in
small claims court in Camden County,  New Jersey,  for the  maximum penalty
allowed by law.

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DCB Address

Quote:

> I know that!

And I'm sure that you also know that there may be more than one task that's opened the data set.

Quote:

--

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
Reply to host nsf (dot) gov, user smetz

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DCB Address
I know that, too, but I decided the code to skim through the TCBs
was not wirth writing!

Quote:

>> I know that!

>And I'm sure that you also know that there may be more than one task that's opened the data set.

>> [snip]

>> -- Steve Myers

>--

>Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
>Reply to host nsf (dot) gov, user smetz

-- Steve Myers

The E-mail addresses in this message are private property.  Any use of them
to  send  unsolicited  E-mail  messages  of  a  commerical  nature  will be
considered trespassing,  and the originator of the message will be  sued in
small claims court in Camden County,  New Jersey,  for the  maximum penalty
allowed by law.

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I get the LRECL out of the DCB

2. DCB IOB pointers

3. DCB IOB prts

4. DCB question

5. help please (DCB Macro)

6. dsnames thru TIOT , DCB & JFCB

7. #brpl vs open/dcb

8. Unknown DCB

9. GetComState DCB setting EvtChar

10. HandyMailTemplates - how to get email address from a recipients address

11. Locating the memory address range of a network card MAC address

12. Effective address to 'segmented' address