Information about previous Jobsteps
Author Message
 Information about previous Jobsteps

Does anyone know to retrieve the informations about previous
jobsteps (stepname, CPU-time, conditioncode) from JESMSGLG in a
jobstep ?
I have to run up to 50 Jobs with 50 to 150 Steps and I am looking
for a possibility to write  these informations to a dataset in a
last job step.
Searching for a solution of this problem I heard from something
called 'SHARE-TAPE' but I don't know where I can look for ?

I am working with 0S390 V1.1 and JES2.

Regards

Gerd Respondek

--

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

Quote:
> Does anyone know to retrieve the informations about previous
> jobsteps (stepname, CPU-time, conditioncode) from JESMSGLG in a
> jobstep ?
> I have to run up to 50 Jobs with 50 to 150 Steps and I am looking
> for a possibility to write  these informations to a dataset in a
> last job step.
> Searching for a solution of this problem I heard from something
> called 'SHARE-TAPE' but I don't know where I can look for ?

> I am working with 0S390 V1.1 and JES2.

> Regards

> Gerd Respondek

> --

The condition code and abend code stuff is in the Step Control table (SCT)

     P S A           T C B
*========*  .-->*========*
|   :    |  |   |   :    |
+--------+  |   +--------+
+--------+      +--------+  |
|   :    |      |   :    |  |      J S C B
*========*      *========*  +-->*========*
    IHAPSA          IKJTCB      |   :    |
                                +--------+                 J C T
                                +--------+            |   :    |
                   S S I B      |   :    |            +--------+
                *========*      +--------+      <-----|JCTSDCAD|
                |   :    |      +--------+     |      |   :    |
                *========*      |   :    |     |      *========*
                  IEFJSSIB      +--------+     |        IEFAJCTB
                                +--------+     |
                                |   :    |     |           S C T
                                *========*     +----->*========*
                                   IEZJSCB            |   :    |==*
                                                      +--------+  |
                                                      |SCTANSCT|=>|
                                                      +--------+  |
                                                      |   :    |  |
                                   S C T X            +--------+  |
                                *========*<-----------|SCTXBTTR|  |
                                |   :    |            +--------+  |
                                *========*            *========*  |
                                   IEFSCTX              |         |
                                                        *=========*
                                                           IEFASCTB

--
Robert Ngan
CSC Financial Services Group

To reply, remove the ".spamoff" from my address

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

IBM supplies a sample IEFACTRT. I believe it issues a WTO for each step as
it terminates. If you simply want to have this information available for
users, this exit is probably the best method since IBM maintains it. If you
are using the information for reporting purposes, then try using SMF.

If you plan on using this information for controlling the job, then you
will need to look at the control blocks.

Quote:
> Does anyone know to retrieve the informations about previous
> jobsteps (stepname, CPU-time, conditioncode) from JESMSGLG in a
> jobstep ?
> I have to run up to 50 Jobs with 50 to 150 Steps and I am looking
> for a possibility to write  these informations to a dataset in a
> last job step.
> Searching for a solution of this problem I heard from something
> called 'SHARE-TAPE' but I don't know where I can look for ?

> I am working with 0S390 V1.1 and JES2.

> Regards

> Gerd Respondek

> --

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

IBM supplies a sample IEFACTRT. I believe it issues a WTO for each step as
it terminates. If you simply want to have this information available for
users, this exit is probably the best method since IBM maintains it. If you
are using the information for reporting purposes, then try using SMF.

If you plan on using this information for controlling the job, then you
will need to look at the control blocks.

Quote:
> Does anyone know to retrieve the informations about previous
> jobsteps (stepname, CPU-time, conditioncode) from JESMSGLG in a
> jobstep ?
> I have to run up to 50 Jobs with 50 to 150 Steps and I am looking
> for a possibility to write  these informations to a dataset in a
> last job step.
> Searching for a solution of this problem I heard from something
> called 'SHARE-TAPE' but I don't know where I can look for ?

> I am working with 0S390 V1.1 and JES2.

> Regards

> Gerd Respondek

> --

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

In a message dated 10-17-97, Jon Perryman said to All about Re: Information
About Pre

JP>IBM supplies a sample IEFACTRT. I believe it issues a WTO for each step
JP>as it terminates. If you simply want to have this information available
JP>for users, this exit is probably the best method since IBM maintains it.
JP>If you are using the information for reporting purposes, then try using
JP>SMF.

The proper interface used by IEFACTRT is not WTO, but a custom one to write
lines into the job's day-log, without bothering the console. The sample
IEFACTRT in SYS1.SAMPLIB should still show you how to use this; it is a
simple subroutine call.

I won't go into my traditional tirade against shops that route ROUTCDE=11
messages to the console. Too many people would be embarrassed.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * 186,000/mps.  It's not just a good idea.  It's the law.
--
Please remove the '$' in the from line before reply via email.
Anti-UCE filter in operation.

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

: >

: > I won't go into my traditional tirade against shops that route ROUTCDE=11
: > messages to the console. Too many people would be embarrassed.
: >

: Most development shops do route everything to the system log so they
: can see everything that appears. This is part of debugging.

Not us.  We route everything except route code 11.  That gives the
programmers the option having the WTO appear only in JESMSGLG by
specifying ROUTCDE=11.  Otherwise they don't have an option.  In general,
we don't like to fill up Syslog (or Operlog) with debugging messages
unless it's necessary.

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                | Voice:       (310) 338-0400 x318    |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | Facsimile:   (310) 338-0801         |

| 9841 Airport Blvd, Suite 700   | IBM Mail:    USS24J24 at IBMMAIL    |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | Web page:    www.phnxsoftware.com   |

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

cast the runes and pronounced:

Quote:
> ROUTCDE=11 means Write To Programmer, in spite of the macro's name
> meaning Write To Operator. Any shop that routes everything to the
> operations logs, regardless of the routing information, is run by
> {*filter*}ers. [Actually, I could be less polite than that, but this is a
> public forum.]

Oh, go on.  Stop sitting on the fence.  Say it like it is, especiaaly
'cos you're right.

Charles
----------------
Old and past it?
  Not any more
----------------

Mon, 10 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Information about previous Jobsteps

Quote:

> IBM supplies a sample IEFACTRT. I believe it issues a WTO for each step as
> it terminates. If you simply want to have this information available for
> users, this exit is probably the best method since IBM maintains it. If you
> are using the information for reporting purposes, then try using SMF.

> [ SUP ]

IEFACTRT make a call to a module called BULLETIN if it's exist. You can write
this module to have control of step termination without modifying IBM exit.

Thu, 13 Apr 2000 02:00:00 GMT

1. STD - correction to previous information that I have posted

2. Jobsteps and Cond Code

3. Req: any information about retrieving register information of CPU

4. My previous

5. Correction of my previous posting.

6. Handle of previous (non-dolphin) Window

7. Contents of previous patches?

8. Previous Bankruptcies or Foreclosures OK

9. GF/ST namespace changed from previous version

10. VW Problem (raise previous window)

11. Previous Line

12. how to grep previous line in file ?