Using PC370 on a WIN95 machine
Author Message
 Using PC370 on a WIN95 machine

Hi

I'm using the PC370 utility to train students in IBM mainframe assembler.
Yesterday I received a long awaited new PC loaded with Win95 and IE 4.

Today when I wanted to use the PC370 utility, it just wouldn't work.  Tells
me it can't find PC/370.  One of the utilities complaines about the
interrupt that is not available.

The version of Win95 is 4.00.1111.

Any suggestions???

I would realy appreciate any help on this.  I do not know if it has
something to do with some features on my PC.  It is an IBM 380XD laptop.
Pentium 233 MMX, 32 M RAM, Infrared features, 24 speed CD ROM.

Freddie
:)

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using PC370 on a WIN95 machine
Freddie,

I had a similar problem after one of my OS/2 version upgrades. Look in the
PTF.DOC file that is included with the PC/370 package, in my version
(PC370V42) it is the last item, #7:

7.  PTF for release 4.2 to change resident emulator interrupt # in
    case it conflicts with interrupts installed.  Note Micro Focus
    extended memory facility XM requires that PC/370 interrupt be
    within the range hex 60-6F.  The installation default in rel.
    4.2 is hex 60 (in rel. 4.1 without XM support is was hex DC).

Hope this helps.

Jay Moseley, CCP

:>Hi
:>
:>I'm using the PC370 utility to train students in IBM mainframe assembler.
:>Yesterday I received a long awaited new PC loaded with Win95 and IE 4.
:>
:>Today when I wanted to use the PC370 utility, it just wouldn't work.  Tells
:>me it can't find PC/370.  One of the utilities complaines about the
:>interrupt that is not available.
:>
:>The version of Win95 is 4.00.1111.
:>
:>Any suggestions???
:>
:>I would realy appreciate any help on this.  I do not know if it has
:>something to do with some features on my PC.  It is an IBM 380XD laptop.
:>Pentium 233 MMX, 32 M RAM, Infrared features, 24 speed CD ROM.
:>
:>Freddie
:>:)
:>
:>

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using PC370 on a WIN95 machine
Jay (and anyone else)

Sorry, no can do.  It seems not to be the problem.  L370 works fine, or so
it seems.  M370 just tells me it cannot find PC/370.

What else can be the problem???

Freddie
:)

Quote:

>Freddie,

>I had a similar problem after one of my OS/2 version upgrades. Look in the
>PTF.DOC file that is included with the PC/370 package, in my version
>(PC370V42) it is the last item, #7:

>7.  PTF for release 4.2 to change resident emulator interrupt # in
>    case it conflicts with interrupts installed.  Note Micro Focus
>    extended memory facility XM requires that PC/370 interrupt be
>    within the range hex 60-6F.  The installation default in rel.
>    4.2 is hex 60 (in rel. 4.1 without XM support is was hex DC).

>Hope this helps.

>Jay Moseley, CCP

>:>Hi
>:>
>:>I'm using the PC370 utility to train students in IBM mainframe assembler.
>:>Yesterday I received a long awaited new PC loaded with Win95 and IE 4.
>:>
>:>Today when I wanted to use the PC370 utility, it just wouldn't work.
Tells
>:>me it can't find PC/370.  One of the utilities complaines about the
>:>interrupt that is not available.
>:>
>:>The version of Win95 is 4.00.1111.
>:>
>:>Any suggestions???
>:>
>:>I would realy appreciate any help on this.  I do not know if it has
>:>something to do with some features on my PC.  It is an IBM 380XD laptop.
>:>Pentium 233 MMX, 32 M RAM, Infrared features, 24 speed CD ROM.
>:>
>:>Freddie
>:>:)
>:>
>:>

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using PC370 on a WIN95 machine
Freddie,

If you getting this when you try to execute M370:

        E:\PC370V42>m370 test.mlc
        PC/370 NOT FOUND

        E:\PC370V42>

(Note that I have the entire PC/370 heirarchy of subdirectories on my E:
drive under the main directory \PC370V42)

then what is happening is that the emulator code that is dynamically loaded
is not found. This can be because you have moved the code to a different
drive and/or directory from the one where the linked program (in this case
the macro preprocessor) is looking for it in. Look in section 3 of the
PTF.DOC for these instructions about changing the path of E370R20.EXE
generated in each 370 COM module by L370.EXE. If you move this file you will
have to change the link editor and relink any programs (or change the .COM
file for each program individually using DEBUG). Remember, M370.COM was
assembled and link-edited under PC370 (you just aren't supplied the ALC
source), so you will have to patch the M370.COM file yourself anyway since
you cannot re-assemble and re-link it.

Regards,
Jay Moseley, CCP

:>Jay (and anyone else)
:>
:>Sorry, no can do.  It seems not to be the problem.  L370 works fine, or so
:>it seems.  M370 just tells me it cannot find PC/370.
:>
:>What else can be the problem???
:>
:>Freddie

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading binary file generated from 32-bit machine using 64-bit machine

2. CDD 3009 with GUI running on WIN95 dos box - Using BEEP or dataentry ERROR - HUNG WIN95

3. Clipper App hogs the machine running under Win95

4. Move C87 app from Win95 to Win2k machine

5. smtplib.SMTP.sendmail always fails on Win95 machine.

6. Newbie PC370 simulator question

7. pc370 r4.2

8. pc370 r4.2

9. pc370

10. PC370 author address

11. <NEWBIE> editor for pc370 on windows machine?

12. Need p/390 used machine