HOMEWORK****CICS/BAL/COBOL****
Author Message
 HOMEWORK****CICS/BAL/COBOL*****

Quote:
>I need help with spillover.  Looking for
>mainframe skills to work from home on a
>part-time assignment-by-assignment basis.

Fair enough.

Quote:
>CICS/ASSEMBLER/COBOL/COBOL II skills
>needed.

OK.

Quote:
>Please, professionals only.  RETIREES OKAY!
>I'm sorry, I can't risk my livelihood giving
>a tyro a break (seek out big companies).

This is fair too.

Quote:
>Send email.  Convince me you can deliver
>and I'm safe using you.  Also show your
>home set-up can handle the telecomm and
>your hourly rate.

You need to state what the client can pay and more details about the
job.  For example, I'd do re-engineering for a hundred an
hour but S/370 assembler will cost much more.  If I have to install CICS
on my mainframe, the cost goes way up.

Quote:
>Your resume alone will never convince me.

This is the snooty part.

Quote:

>*************************
>PLEION SYSTEMS, INC.     Consulting                Year 2000
>21 Hawthorne Court         Programming               Web Hosting
>Maple Shade, NJ 08052        Project Management        Development
>(609) 482-2517                 Executive Training        Legacy Systems
>Robert P. Halpern, Ph.D.         Strategic Planning        Outsourcing

>  "A  Competitive  Advantage  through  Information  Technology"

Sorry not interested.  Your client isn't serious about Y2K, you need to
spend more time educating them about the facts of life.

Here's the deal.  I debugged an early problem in December 1979, this is
the famous '000197AF' problem.   In 1992, I finished an M.S. in
Computer Science (concentration Risks, Computer Security) at GWU's
School of Engineering and Applied Science.   I read machine language,
have a Y2K product in public Beta, run both CMS (on an XT/370) and
MVS/370 on an OPEN/370 in my living room.   I can install 6250 round
tape but not square tape; the issue is power and environmentals not the
hardware or software interface.

I've done my research on the scope and nature of the problem.

Looking at your .sig, I'd guess you're a marketing guy with some data
center management, weak S/370 internals, and a soft PhD.

Y2K isn't about me selling my skills to a gate keeper who is dancing
with the client.

Y2K is about the client realizing that they're in a heap of trouble and
they're telling you, shouting to the world, find the S/370 crankers and
mechanics.  Everyone knows who I am, who Garcia, Peter Clark, etc. are.

We don't sell our skills to you, prove ourselves to you.  Some of us
will be getting unlisted phone numbers and vanishing from the web
because we have the skills and there is no shortage of jobs,
assignments.

Your posting conveys the attitude that you, as the gatekeeper, calls
the shots.  That alone convinces me that you and your client don't
understand Y2K yet.

This is about getting the job done with 20% of the resources.
This is about doing a 10 year job in 1,022 days.

Cory Hamasaki     http://www.*-*-*.com/
HHResearch Co.   OS/2 Webstore & Newsletter
REDWOOD

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HOMEWORK****CICS/BAL/COBOL*****

Quote:

>but not square tape; the issue is power and environmentals not the
>hardware or software interface.

Ever checked out the little external SCSI Fujitsu 3480's? A few years
ago when we got one they were about 8k. They work quite nicely on our
P390.

- - -

Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development

http://www.granitebear.com

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HOMEWORK****CICS/BAL/COBOL*****

writes:
snip

Quote:
>Send email.  Convince me you can deliver
>and I'm safe using you.  Also show your
>home set-up can handle the telecomm and
>your hourly rate.

Huh?  Show you?  Unless you want to come visit my site, how can this be
done?

Quote:
>Your resume alone will never convince me.

Is this your attitude or your clients?

Remember, when 2000 comes closer, my rates will double, triple, and then
quadruple.  Why?  Because too many companies wait until the last minute -
then when it hits the fan, they're out of business until everything gets
fixed.  Ads like this don't make me interested in contacting you.

Maybe you can get a neophyte.

Solicitations to me must be pre-approved in writing
by me after soliciitor pays $1,000 US per incident..

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOMEWORK****CICS/BAL/COBOL*****

2. US-MA/ Programmer Needs: Cobol/CICS/VSAM/Telon/Esaytrieve +

3. US-FL-SE****PROGRAMMERS: MAINFRAMERS (DB2,CICS,COBOL,ASSEMBLER)****CONTRACT

4. US - FL - S.E. ****MVS/CICS PROGRAMMERS (UNIX,MVS/TSO,ISPF,COBOL)****CONTRACT

5. US-GA-Atlanta COBOL/CICS/MVS/Healthcare/contract assignment

6. *** US-SC-Programmer/Support/COBOL/VSAM/JCL/CICS/CYBORG, Contract, Greenville, SC ***

7. US-NJ MAINFRAME/COBOL/CICS/VSAM/DB2/JCL

8. TX-HOUSTON-Programmer/Analyst-Cobol/MVS/CICS

9. S.E.FL-************COBOL/CICS/APS************CONTRACT

10. **JOB**COBOL,CICS,DB2**NoVA**Immediate**