SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING
Author Message
 SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING

IOS075E 0905,RECURRING MIH CONDITION FOR THIS DEVICE 798
IEF196I IOS076E 0905,**,*MASTER*, CLEAR SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING
IOS076E 0905,**,*MASTER*, CLEAR SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING 800
IEF196I IOS075E 0905,RECURRING MIH CONDITION FOR THIS DEVICE
IOS075E 0905,RECURRING MIH CONDITION FOR THIS DEVICE 802

Our Syslog is flooded with the above msgs. Is there any solution other than
re-IPL?
We can't stop them.

TIA.

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING
Iussue V 905,offline,force
Reply Y to force confirmation.

Unless, of course it's a device that you really need. Then you're
SOL.

The fact that you've got a CLEAR subchaannel interupt missing
indicates (generally) that you have a device that died a long
time ago. I suspect if you look at the log from WAAAAAY back,
you'll see the initial MISSING CHANNEL/DEVICE END. And it
only gets worse from there. The CLEAR SUBCHANNEL (CSCH)
is telling the device to reset itself. MVS issues this in response,
and in a preface, to retrying the failing channel proogram. It
is also known as a selective reset insofar as the control unit at
the other end of the [glass?] wire is concerned

Call your CE, in any case. Or if it's one of ours, it's probably
already called home to complain of a bunch of selective resets
pounding away at it... You should see what happens in the
labs!!!.

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING
William,
I checked the log throughly. Yes, I could find missing channel/device end
msg.
In fact, L905 is a cics terminal and the msg also shows VTAM as channel path
identifier. IBM manual says it is a symptom of hardware error!
I also tried before to vary offline. It accepts the command but doesn't do
anything.
I wonder, whether this situation could arise out of any *user* activity!
:-(
Anyway, we are calling the support personnel.

Quote:

>Iussue V 905,offline,force
>Reply Y to force confirmation.

>Unless, of course it's a device that you really need. Then you're
>SOL.

>The fact that you've got a CLEAR subchaannel interupt missing
>indicates (generally) that you have a device that died a long
>time ago. I suspect if you look at the log from WAAAAAY back,
>you'll see the initial MISSING CHANNEL/DEVICE END. And it
>only gets worse from there. The CLEAR SUBCHANNEL (CSCH)
>is telling the device to reset itself. MVS issues this in response,
>and in a preface, to retrying the failing channel proogram. It
>is also known as a selective reset insofar as the control unit at
>the other end of the [glass?] wire is concerned

>Call your CE, in any case. Or if it's one of ours, it's probably
>already called home to complain of a bunch of selective resets
>pounding away at it... You should see what happens in the
>labs!!!.

>*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here

(tm) ***

Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SUBCHANNEL INTERRUPT MISSING
Oh, now that's a little different... Do this, in this sequence:

V NET,INACT,ID=L905 (Or whatever VTAM calls the term)

THEN, you can do:

V 905,OFFLINE,FORCE

Reply Y to the FORCE confirmation message.

Whew! Really glad it's not one of ours! (-;

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GNAT: Ada.Interrupts and Ada.Interrupts.Names

2. Interrupts in TSR interrupt handlers

3. PM Programming: Interrupts not interrupting

4. DOS Interrupt/BIOS interrupt function reference

5. interrupt handler for timer interrupt-shekhar

6. Calling interrupts from within interrupts????????

7. interrupts in interrupts

8. Interrupt interrupts ?

9. Interrupts in interrupts?

10. Missing info because of missing LF in VMS GAWK interactive mode

11. If you missed EuroDevCon '98 you wont want to miss this

12. Branch misses vs. cache misses