HELP: Allocating 64k memory blocks
Author Message
 HELP: Allocating 64k memory blocks

I'm using Turbo Assembler (latest version) to program some
graphics routines, and ran up against a problem.

How can I allocate a 64000 byte chunk of memory that starts on a
segment boundary (I figure all blocks should, but just in
case...)?  I'm looking for something equivalent to the following
in C:

   pointer = malloc(64000);

Any suggestions?  I'm not certain that this is the right group,
but it's the closest thing I could find, so...  Please e-mail any
replies.  Thanks.

  "The meek shall inherit the earth...   Fortunately, the rest of
us will upgrade to the new version, which is supposed to come out
later this year."

Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Allocate a large block of memory

2. INT 21h, 48h; Allocate Memory Block

3. Int 21h ah=48h Allocate memory block

4. Help: Moving from COMMON BLOCKS and static arrays to POINTERS and ALLOCATE

5. Allocating 64K

6. Help needed on dynamic memory allocated by GAWK.

7. Help needed with dynamic memory allocated by GAWK.

8. Help Allocating Memory using NEW

9. CW2.3 MOD2 HELP Allocate memory problems

10. allocating dynamic memory HELP wanted

11. I need help Allocating memory in DOS

12. How to address blocks>64K under Windows?