An easy assembler program for Assemble 370.
Author Message
 An easy assembler program for Assemble 370.

Who can make this easy program ...
You have to a sentense in the buffer of the program total
in capital letters.  (a whole text)
The program has to transfer it into a normal text with
the neccessary capitals and points ... One capital at the start o
of a sentence ..  A capital after " . and ! and ?"
Who can make that program ... with the easiest instruction.

Mail me for an answer please

Thx and i hope to hear something very soon

MAKE THE CHALLANGE ... IT'S A GAME

Mon, 07 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 An easy assembler program for Assemble 370.

Quote:

>Who can make this easy program ...
>You have to a sentense in the buffer of the program total
>in capital letters.  (a whole text)
>The program has to transfer it into a normal text with
>the neccessary capitals and points ... One capital at the start o
>of a sentence ..  A capital after " . and ! and ?"
>Who can make that program ... with the easiest instruction.

I suggest you do your own homework.

Mon, 07 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 An easy assembler program for Assemble 370.

Quote:

> Who can make this easy program ...
> You have to a sentense in the buffer of the program total
> in capital letters.  (a whole text)
> The program has to transfer it into a normal text with
> the neccessary capitals and points ... One capital at the start o
> of a sentence ..  A capital after " . and ! and ?"
> Who can make that program ... with the easiest instruction.

> Mail me for an answer please

> Thx and i hope to hear something very soon

> MAKE THE CHALLANGE ... IT'S A GAME

I get $150/hr for custom programming in Assembler, and estimate that I
could code the necessary routine in about 5 minutes.  However, there is
a 2-hour minimum charge, so as soon as I receive your cashier's check
for $300, I'll send you the code.

      -jc-

Mon, 07 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 An easy assembler program for Assemble 370.

:>Who can make this easy program ...
:>You have to a sentense in the buffer of the program total
:>in capital letters.  (a whole text)
:>The program has to transfer it into a normal text with
:>the neccessary capitals and points ... One capital at the start o
:>of a sentence ..  A capital after " . and ! and ?"
:>Who can make that program ... with the easiest instruction.

You can try the following. I haven't tested it, but I think it will work.

          LAMER   CSECT
                  STM   14,12,12(13)
                  LR    12,15
                  USING LAMER,12
                  ST    13,SAVE+4
                  LA    13,SAVE
                  LINK  EP=IKJEFTSR,PARAM=(FLAGS,BUFFER,BUFLEN,W4,W5,W6),VL=1
                  L     13,4(,13)
                  LM    14,12,12(13)
                  BR    14
          FLAGS   DC    X'00010005'
          BUFFER  DC    C'%LAMER2 '
                  DC    C'WHATEVER TEXT'
          LBUFFER EQU   *-BUFFER
          BUFFLEN DC    A(LBUFFER)
          W4      DS    F
          W5      DS    F
          W6      DS    F
          SAVE    DS    18F
                  END

You will also need the following LAMER2 exec.

          /* Rexx */
          ARG InputLine
          InputLine =
TRANSLATE(InputLine,"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz","ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")
          OutLine = ""
          PrevWord = ""
          Do  II = 1 To WORDS(InputLine)
              CurrWord = WORD(InputLine,II)
              IF  II = 1  |  POS("!.?",RIGHT(PrevWord,1)) > 0  THEN
                  OutLine = OutLine + TRANSLATE(LEFT(Currword,1)) +
SUBSTR(CurrWord,2)
              ELSE
                  OutLine = OutLine + CurrWord
              If  II < WORDS(InputLine)  THEN
                  OutLine = OutLine + " "
              End
          Say OutLine

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 An easy assembler program for Assemble 370.

Quote:

> Did somebody redefine EBCDIC to keep the alphabet together while I
> wasn't looking?  Does somebody have an assembler that will interpet
> x+'A' (is it a feature of HLASM 1.3)?

no, not a feature but a test to see whether one does really understand
that rather complex coding (grin).
And for we are human compilers and are far more forgiving we won't flag
that statement with ** ERROR** but silently insert that missing C
to complete the literal. ;-)

Klaus

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Writing Windows programs in 370 Assembler

2. FA: Assembler Language Programming for the IBM 370

3. Programming in OS Assembler Language for the IBM 370

4. 8086/370 assembler program

5. Assembler code within a COBOL/370 program?

6. Q: Free 370 Assembler?

7. Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?

8. Assembler 370 compiler.....Windows/DOS

9. Source for 370 assembler?

10. 370 Assembler to run on pc

11. Running 370 Assembler on Intel Machines

12. Palm Pilot app for Assembler 370/390 programemrs