GETMAIN
Author Message
 GETMAIN

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can GETMAIN an area in common storage which
will not be FREEMAIN-ed by OS/390 when the job/STC ends or terminates ?
I want to use this area as a user CVT.

Thanks in advance to those who have taken the effort to reply .

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GETMAIN

Quote:
>Can someone tell me how I can GETMAIN an area in common storage which
>will not be FREEMAIN-ed by OS/390 when the job/STC ends or terminates ?

Use a CSA (or ECSA) sub-pool, such as SP241.  Example:

   GETMAIN R,LV=4096,SP=241

Quote:
>I want to use this area as a user CVT.

If you're running on MVS/ESA 4.2.2 or above (you probably are), use a
name/token pair instead of CVTUSER; it'll reduce the risks of conficts in
the long run, and will also teach you something useful.

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getmain Help

2. GETMAIN

3. GETMAIN

4. GETMAIN/FREEMAIN routines in MVS Cobol/370

5. GETMAIN ACROSS LINKAGE IN COBOL

6. GETMAIN limitations in COBOL??

7. MVS: GETMAIN / FREEMAIN

8. How to Do a GETMAIN in VS COBOL II Batch?

9. Arghh! Difference between 'GETMAIN R,LV=(0)' and 'STORAGE OBTAIN,LENGTH=(0)'