IBM 600 series punch-card calculators
Author Message
 IBM 600 series punch-card calculators

I think the 602 Robt Nix was describing was actually a tabulator.
 Tabulators could generate subtotals and totals as well as print decks
of cards.

I think the calculators punched their results on a card, I don't think
they could print.

The calculators could do series of add, sub, mult, divide.

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM 600 series punch-card calculators

Quote:

> I think the calculators punched their results on a card, I don't think
> they could print.

> The calculators could do series of add, sub, mult, divide.

Probably the best easily available source of info on the 600 series is:

  "IBM's Early Computers"
  C. J. Bashe et al.
  MIT Press, 1986
  ISBN 0-262-02225-7

Highly recommended!

Simon Brady

Dunedin, New Zealand

Tue, 20 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. IBM 600 series punch-card calculators

2. Hollerith cards or IBM cards (or punched cards)

3. History question---punched card calculators

4. Problems printing to HP OfficeJet Series 600

5. Deskjet 500, 600, and 800 series ...

6. Oberon on 486 card in Acorn RiscPC 600

7. APL on punched cards

8. Punched Card machines (brief summary)

9. Punched Card Machines--powerful logic

10. Early/late model punched card machines--history question

11. Need to convert 80-column punch cards to PC

12. Ada on punched cards?