Reg Exp Search in Asm?
Author Message
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?

Does anybody have or know where is source code for a Regular Expression
search in Assembler 360/370/390?
Thanks for your help.

--
*
* Shawn P. Legrand

*
* The scientist does not study
* nature because it is useful; he
* studies it because he delights in
* it, and he delights in it because
* it is beautiful.
*         - Henri Poincare
*

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?

Quote:
>Does anybody have or know where is source code for a Regular Expression
>search in Assembler 360/370/390?
>Thanks for your help.

If you can find the Perl port for OE, you can take the C code and convert
it to assembler...

Later,
Ray
--
M. Ray Mullins (http://www.lerctr.org/~mrm/) from Roseville, California
California Transit Publications - your one stop shop for transit marketing,

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?
IIRC there is supposed to be a Perl port for native MVS. Anyone knows
more?

Quote:

> >Does anybody have or know where is source code for a Regular Expression
> >search in Assembler 360/370/390?
> >Thanks for your help.

> If you can find the Perl port for OE, you can take the C code and convert
> it to assembler...

> Later,
> Ray
> --
> M. Ray Mullins (http://www.lerctr.org/~mrm/) from Roseville, California
> California Transit Publications - your one stop shop for transit marketing,
> publications, planning and web services at http://www.catransit.com/     TIPs:
> http://socaltip.lerctr.org http://norcaltip.lerctr.org http://cencaltip.lerctr.org

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?

From http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/ports/

Quote:
> Starting from Perl 5.005_02 the OS390 (also known as Open Edition)
> support has been integrated to the Perl standard source code
> distribution.

Mike Haller
Quote:

> IIRC there is supposed to be a Perl port for native MVS. Anyone knows
> more?

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?
I haven't tried this port, but I had some sad experiences with other ports
that were very poor on the MF. Problems with file formats of the code,
compilation wasn't easy because of lack of libraries etc. This is why I am
interested in knowing if this port is good. Anyone using it and can
recommend it?

Quote:

> From http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/ports/

> > Starting from Perl 5.005_02 the OS390 (also known as Open Edition)
> > support has been integrated to the Perl standard source code
> > distribution.

> Mike Haller

> > IIRC there is supposed to be a Perl port for native MVS. Anyone knows
> > more?

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?

Quote:

>Does anybody have or know where is source code for a Regular Expression
>search in Assembler 360/370/390?
>Thanks for your help.

I would use a C version compiled with a C compiler.  If you need it
in assembly, compile it -S.

Is anyone interested in getting the gcc/370 port working?  Maybe some
number of people working together on it?

-- glen

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?

Ehud,

I have used an earlier (~May 1997) version of this port quite
extensively and found a couple of problems with certain regular
expressions causing it to bomb and a memory leak with local variables.
That was quite some time ago and I suspect those problems have been
addressed.  I don't know for sure: the problems are small enough that I
still haven't upgraded.  I cannot address build issues.  Binaries are
available from MKS at http://www.mks.com/s390/gnu.

Mike Haller

Ehud Lamm wrote regarding perl for OS/390:

Quote:

> I haven't tried this port, but I had some sad experiences with other ports
> that were very poor on the MF. Problems with file formats of the code,
> compilation wasn't easy because of lack of libraries etc. This is why I am
> interested in knowing if this port is good. Anyone using it and can
> recommend it?

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reg Exp Search in Asm?
Do the tools in http://www.mks.com/s390/gnu require OE (USS as it is now
called, I think) or can you run it on a "normal" MVS system?

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie: searching an English dictionary for a reg exp

2. Is // a reg exp?

3. reg exp help needed

4. Reg Exp in awk

5. Why no reg exp in Forth?

6. variables in reg exp repetition

7. Reg-exp library?

8. Newbie Generic Reg Exp Pattern Matching Question

9. Reg Exp. Problem

10. Reg Exp: Need advice concerning "greediness"

11. Expect reg-exp trouble

12. IA - Satellite Commun Project, sw engr exp., satellite com exp, ADA