DSECT->C?
Author Message
 DSECT->C?

Isn't there some sort of utility to convert assembler DSECT's
to C struct's?  I thought I remembered one, but I can't find
it mentioned anywhere.  (Of course, searching the online
manuals for 'C' turns up a gob of stuff... everything that
has character literals... so I might've missed it...)

--

I don't speak for McKessonHBOC, and I don't know who does.

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DSECT->C?
The only one I know of is part of the SAS/C compiler.  Try www.sas.com.

Bob

Quote:

> Isn't there some sort of utility to convert assembler DSECT's
> to C struct's?  I thought I remembered one, but I can't find
> it mentioned anywhere.  (Of course, searching the online
> manuals for 'C' turns up a gob of stuff... everything that
> has character literals... so I might've missed it...)

> --

> I don't speak for McKessonHBOC, and I don't know who does.

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DSECT->C?
Greg

Quote:
> Isn't there some sort of utility to convert assembler DSECT's
> to C struct's?  I thought I remembered one,

same apply to me. Let me loom at it

roland

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DSECT->C?
Both SAS and IBM C provide utilities.  You may not like the
result.  Look in the programmer's guide for IBM.  The SAS manuals
have changed since V5 so I can't tell you the exact place.

I can't belive searching for DSECT or ASSEMBLER would get too many
hits...

--

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DSECT->C?

Thanks!

I don't speak for McKessonHBOC, and I don't know who does.

Quote:
>Both SAS and IBM C provide utilities.  You may not like the
>result.  Look in the programmer's guide for IBM.  The SAS manuals
>have changed since V5 so I can't tell you the exact place.

>I can't belive searching for DSECT or ASSEMBLER would get too many
>hits...

>--

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DSECT->C?

Quote:
>Isn't there some sort of utility to convert assembler DSECT's
>to C struct's?

(snip)

OS/390 C/C++ includes a DSECT conversion utility.
Cf the IBM-supplied EDCDSECT procedure and the CDSECT Rexx exec.

Regards,

Michel
(Author of "S/370-S/390 Assembler Fundamentals" and "C Programming in
OS/390")
Michel Castelein
OS/390 System Engineer & Education Consultant

Home page http://homepages.infoseek.com/~michelcastelein/
Company: JEEVES Consulting N.V., phone +32-2-251.66.50

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DSECT->C?
Jared,
   Since you asked... :)

http://www.sas.com/software/sas_c/document/doc/clug/z0379210.htm

Quote:

--
Don Poitras - SAS/C Development - SAS Institute Inc. -  SAS Campus Drive

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. CORRECTING -->NOW SHOWING - wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Recent+Changes

3. HELP>>>>>>>Fortran-Pascal Linking

4. >>>>>>>FROM SMTK TO C++

5. IMS QLOGMSGP DSECT

6. Linkage stack DSECTs

7. Converting DSECTs to COBOL data definitons

8. DSECT for MVS PDS vol def block?

9. CSECT and DSECT semantics?

10. getting DSECT entry address

11. ><><><><>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp on INT 14!><><><><><>

12. <<<<<YOU MUST CHECK THIS OUT >>>>>>>>>> 2103