change TOD clock with set and store clock
Author Message
 change TOD clock with set and store clock

We have two times a year a little problem with
our VM (IBM 9375).
The time change in germany two times in a year.
First we lost one hour and second we win one hour.
When we lost or win a hour we have to change the
TOD clock of the VM.
Everytime the time changed we made a startup after
an shutdown to change the TOD clock.
But I don't like this way.
I found in the book IBM System/370 Principles of
Operations two instructions:
store clock and
set clock

I think it must be easy to:
1: get the current time
2: Add or Sub from this one hour
3: set the clock with that new time

Now I got a warning from a friend by doing that.
He means that changing the time by assembler programming
is dangerous. But he can not tell me why.

Does somebody did it before ? Did you had problems ?
What kind of ?

Thank you very much Claus Neubronner

Send answers direct to my email-adress

Tue, 02 Apr 1996 18:30:05 GMT

1. Determining TOD Clock Setting

2. clock scan [clock format [clock seconds]] fails

3. date functions, TOD clock and the year 2043

4. TOD clock and the year 2043

5. TOD clock assembler code

6. Date-Time/TOD clock conversion (was Re: (no subject given))

7. TOD Clock?

8. TOD Clock

9. How to do IP clock balance with external clock

10. How to Generate 1MHz clock from 44MHz Clock??

11. Problem with clocking logic usign a derived clock

12. Gated Clock(double rate clock)?