TSO/ISPF On PC?
Author Message
 TSO/ISPF On PC?

I had a nifty little TSO/SPF editor on my old Windows 3.1 PC that allowed me to
browse/edit/copy text files with familiar SPF screens and commands. Does a
Windows XP version exist somewhere?

Thu, 03 Nov 2005 04:25:15 GMT
 TSO/ISPF On PC?

Quote:

> I had a nifty little TSO/SPF editor on my old Windows 3.1 PC that allowed me to
> browse/edit/copy text files with familiar SPF screens and commands. Does a
> Windows XP version exist somewhere?

A friend of mine is using it on his laptop, which I beleive is
running XP. It's from a company called Command Technology Corp, IIRC.

        Jerry

Thu, 03 Nov 2005 07:28:25 GMT
 TSO/ISPF On PC?

Quote:
> A friend of mine is using it on his laptop, which I beleive is
> running XP. It's from a company called Command Technology Corp, IIRC.

Yes, their product was re-branded "SPF/SourceEdit".  If it runs on NT I don't
see why it wouldn't run on XP.  What it does underneath isn't particularly
NT-blowing, and they do build SPF with a graphical flair which can be
configured to respoond with 3270-style keystrokes.

I miss their old product and am sorry they discontinued it.  It WAS called
SPF/PC (and SPF/2 under OS/2) and for a time a patch was available to let the
OS/2 version run faithfully under NT.  The old product also supported ISPF
edit macros written in REXX (which I loved).  I even have their syntax checker
for COBOL (Cobol Source Analyst).  Hey, don't snicker - it had copybook
support!

There's another vendor out there and I don't know what they ever did for the
PC beyond DOS, but they had a product called Tritus/SPF.  It looked pretty
good for a time and they were one of the first at the gate with a port of SPF
for the AIX RS6000 crowd.

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:43:31 GMT

1. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

2. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

3. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

4. Canada Vancouver - PL/1, IMS, DB2, MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL - Experienced Programmers

5. question about TSO/ISPF commands

6. REXX +TSO + ISPF + Endevor

7. PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

8. Montréal - Informatique Conseil Plus - C-List REXX SAS TSO/ISPF

9. Rexx dynamic SQL to DB2 (TSO/ISPF source code)

10. MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question

11. TSO/REXX and ISPF

12. Attempting Simple AI under MVS Rexx./TSO/ISPF