FYI: IBM High Level Assembler parser available
Author Message
 FYI: IBM High Level Assembler parser available

This is to let you know that we offer a frontend for
analysis of IBM High Level Assembler. The frontend
performs full macro substitution and conditional assembly.
It runs on any platforms supporting ANSI-C. It generates
an abstract syntax tree suitable for source code
transformations and source code analysis.

The frontend can be evaluated through online use at

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Upon registration and submission of test data (ASCII, ZIP,
<1MB including macros and copybooks) the online service
generates either a cross reference listing or a source code
listing which allow to validate macro substitution, conditional
assembly and syntax coverage.

Thanks for taking your time, regards
Olaf Langmack

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

  http://www.feinarbeit.de/online_fr.html

Upon registration and submission of test data (ASCII, ZIP, <1MB
including macros and copybooks) the online service generates either a
cross reference listing or a source code listing which allow to
validate macro substitution, conditional assembly and syntax coverage.

Thanks for taking your time, regards
Olaf Langmack

Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FYI: IBM High Level Assembler parser available

Quote:

>This is to let you know that we offer a frontend for
>analysis of IBM High Level Assembler. The frontend
>performs full macro substitution and conditional assembly.
>It runs on any platforms supporting ANSI-C. It generates
>an abstract syntax tree suitable for source code
>transformations and source code analysis.
>The frontend can be evaluated through online use at
>  http://www.feinarbeit.de/online_fr.html

I can't tell if you are offering a service, or source code.  It would be
nice to see an ASM/370 versin of gas (the GNU assembler).  The macro
and conditional assembly features may not exist on any other assembler that
gas tries to support.  Though probably only features that are needed by gcc
are really necessary.

-- glen

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FYI: IBM High Level Assembler parser available
Quote:

> I can't tell if you are offering a service, or source code.

Both:
 - the frontend is available as source code (grammars
   or generated C source code) for commercial use. We have been
   asked to hand-out evaluation licenses, but for several
   reasons decided not to do so. Instead:
 - the "online service" has been set-up to support evaluation
   of the frontend. It allows to check if macro substitution
   and conditional assembly are handled properly, error handling
   etc.

(A note to users of the online service: Please have look at the
user manual before submitting source code. The user manual is
available from

  http://www.feinarbeit.de/online_fr.html

without registration. It also describes input file format, output
formats, technical and legal status etc.)

Olaf Langmack

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HLA v1.39 (High Level Assembler) is now available

2. High Level Assembler question

3. High Level Assembler Option

4. Info please -- "High Level Assembler"

5. Info please - High Level Assembler - USING at top of page

6. Converting to High-Level Assembler

7. High Level Assembler experiences

8. Assembler vs. high-level languages

9. Auto-converting assembler to a higher level language

10. A High level assembler

11. High Level Assembler (HLA)

12. USENIX Very High Level Languages Symposium Proceedings Available