Q. How to get name of VSE Guest "Re-Stated"
Author Message
 Q. How to get name of VSE Guest "Re-Stated"

I think I need to clarify my question.

I need to write a batch assembly that will obtain the name of the VSE
Guest machine it is running in. This assembly will return that name to a
COBOL caller.

I'm looking for a control block that I can use (I've been looking though
the IBM VSE Advanced Functions: Diagnosis Reference Supervisor manual
without success) to get the machine name.

Any ideas ??

Thanks, Chris

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q. How to get name of VSE Guest "Re-Stated"

Quote:

>I think I need to clarify my question.

>I need to write a batch assembly that will obtain the name of the VSE
>Guest machine it is running in. This assembly will return that name to a
>COBOL caller.

>I'm looking for a control block that I can use (I've been looking though
>the IBM VSE Advanced Functions: Diagnosis Reference Supervisor manual
>without success) to get the machine name.

Your not going to find it in a VSE control block.  VSE neither knows or
cares what virtual machine its running in.

Again,
Your going to have to write some assembler thet must run in supervisor
mode to get it.  I posted the essential part of that a few days ago.

Get it from deja-news or if you ask nicely and send me a real email
address, I will send it to you again.
--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Getting the NetWare User Name"

2. special "etc" notice about guest excursions

3. Q. g77 "pointer" compilation

4. Q. about tk "place" geom mgr

5. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. ANNOUNCE:transportable-state,safe,postscript-like,"agent",embedded,language

7. "LOCK" STATE

8. Software Metrics "State of the Art"

9. Regular Expression Pattern Matching "State" Object

10. Software Metrics "State of the Art"

11. "Dumping" an interpreter's state

12. Sockets stuck in "CLOSE" state