Nuclear meltdown?
Author Message
 Nuclear meltdown?

Quote:

>But the problem won't be in one of those  magical 14 RR instructions.
>You know those RR instructions, from the days of yore when programmers
>wrote entire reservations systems in a solution space of 16 32 bit
>registers using at most 12 RR instructions; oh, go ahead use 14.  We
>can't make bricks without straw, it's Moshe's fault.
>Aye, now those were programmers, hairy, smelly yes, but capable of
feats
>of geekdom such as we can't imagine.  And the geek-grrrls, sultry,
raven
>haired beauties, dancing the dance of welcome in their father's tent.

Remember the days when program printout meant nothing since you moved
the
insructions to overlay what weas written and where it said in the code
you
were going was not neccessarily the right place.

Quote:
>Find the PSW, where does it point?

Usually into never never land.

Quote:
>I'll write about rates and fair compensation for geek boyz and grrrls
in
>a future WRP.

Underpayed and overworked.

--

Empire State Supply

'There is something facinating about science. One gets such wholesale
returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of facts.'
Mark Twain

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Nuclear meltdown?

Anybody care to remind us of the initial theme of the post (nuclear
meltdown) ?
Not that I'm not interested in PSW and S0C7... (S0C1 and S0C4 are more
fun to debug ! R14 and R15 often help...).

------

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Nuclear meltdown?
I believe that the reason that the thread drifted was because those who have
worked and/or are knowledgable about commercial nuclear reactors know that
it simply wouldn't happen due to a loss of offsite power.  The things are
disigned to be safe without it.

I was hoping that someone would have addressed the status of the smaller
reactors at some universities from a Y2k perspective.  Are they still manual
and/or analog etc? If not, are they ready?

Quote:

>Anybody care to remind us of the initial theme of the post (nuclear
>meltdown) ?

SNIP

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Nuclear meltdown?

2. Nuclear meltdown?

3. Nuclear meltdown?

4. Smalltalk MT goes to Microsoft Meltdown 2001

5. Form meltdown

6. Printing Speed Meltdown

7. -Conventional Memory Meltdown

8. Automated Nuclear Support

9. Meltdown Australia (crosspost from c.s.y2k)

10. Off topic: October 23, 1997 Nuclear Report

11. Image Display program for nuclear medicine images.

12. OT: ANWR, Energy, Nuclear fuel, Greenies, tree huggers, NRA, etc......